Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3.9

Down Speed: 2.2-2.9

Boat Depth: 70-250

Lure Depth: 25-45

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took my finace back up for the weekend and we had a blast. Started off around 8:30 Friday evening out of Wilson for a quick evening trip and only hooked up with 3 skippys with temp in top 35 FOW.

Started out of Olcott around 6AM Saturday morning in 75 FOW just east of the red barn on a NW troll. Dropped the probe rigger with a dreamweaver 42nd spoon to 42FOW and before I could clip on the cheater the rod fired..after a long battle we netted a 20 lb king. Not a bad start. Put the same set up back in the water with a green dolphin cheater and before I could set up the second rigger it fired again...22.8 lb king on the cheater. (keep in mind just the 2 of us on the boat and she isn't the best 1st mate or driver YET! only her 2nd trip on the boat and 1st solo with me)..Finally got the probe and second rigger down with a milotto dreamweaver and glo frog cheater and bam it fires on the milotto...8lb brown..during all the confusion I looked up to see that we're now being invaded by what looked like an erie perch pack of boats so we headed due west to avoid traffic. counted 57 boats at 1 point.

Ended up with 5 fish to the boat and a couple dropped on 1st northwest troll to 200FOW and never got all 4 rods in the water til' 9:30. Tried to circle back to our marks but kept getting pushed west to keep away from traffic. We ended the morning with 18 legal fish and 1 skippy in the boat and many more dropped. Mostly kings and steelhead. We only kept the big king due to deep hooks. Spinnys were very quiet for us...but they might have been too deep 100-160 on wire dipsy.

If any of you saw a 19 ft sea nymph going in circles it was us trying to fight fish and steer. Set up pretty close to the same spot on Sunday at around 6AM and had the same results. Ran the wire divers a little higher and got broken off twice...200+feet of wire/dipsy/spindoctor/fly withing 5 minutes of each other. Just spooled that rod with wire the night before so I'm not sure if I got a bad batch of wire or what.

Ended Sunday with 9 boated and had a GIANT steely shake the hook after 5 or 6 huge leaps out of the water (had to be close to 20 lbs). We'll try and get him in the fall. We only kept 3 fish that bled when removing deep hooks and circled back for a 4th that floated for a while then dove when we got within netting range.

All in all we had a great weekend on the lake and hope to get back up soon. If we got a little too close to any of you I am truely sorry. There were a couple of times she had to take the wheel and ended up closer than I like to be to other boats.

Jeff