Species Breakdown:kings, steelhead

Hot Lure: NBK, Gator spoons,

Trolling Speed: 1.5- 2.5

Down Speed: 1.5 -2.5

Boat Depth: 120-160

Lure Depth: riggers 38', 48', divers out 113'-210'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Great reports from Lake Ontario left me with a big wish to fish the salmon on the big lake before putting the boat on Canandaigua Lake for the rest of the summer. After having a baby 2 months ago this would be the first trip of the year for me on my boat.

Kurt and Jimmie were stoked and our expectations were far exceeded by the quality of the fish and the numbers of fish caught. We selected Sandy Creek for launching hoping to avoid the crowds at Rochester launches.

We shot out to 125 fow and started setting lines, 4 wire divers, and two riggers running at 38' and 48'. Riggers were set with a DW SS Gator and Stinger NBK, wires were Revelator green chrome with Atomik Hammer, Pro troll Echip white crush glow/chrome Atomik Mirage, 42 second Spin Dr Atomik Green Crinkle. Divers were set out 118', 123', 160', 175'. Knowing the diver bite would be hot, we didn't run copper down the chute and chose to run the 4 wire divers. First fish popped the wire with the Pro Troll echip at 118', nice steelie, but when the first rigger fired at 38' with a screamer on we were in for a great time. I was fighting the fish as he was ripping line, out he'd go, back in reel, reel, reel, reel, when out to the starboard side he goes out and around the wires, and then snap. NOOOOO! Now I'm mad I'm running the 4 wires, so we reel one in on each side, but it didn't matter what we had out, divers or riggers, the bite was hot so was the weather. Every rod took fish, revelator attractor/ hammer fly was hot so was the Stinger NBK on the probe rigger running the Shark weight. After breaking a rod trying setting a slider, I reached for a extra rigger rod to put the NBK spoon on and get her back in the water. I thought to myself, do I want to put this hot spoon on the this reel with 15 lb test I use on Canandaigua lake? Sure, no problem, get it wet and I will take the 30 lb test reel from the broken rod and rerig it while the spoon is running. Not a good idea... Wham, screamer on the shark rigger, NBK's got em ripping line again, off he goes with that little reel from Cabelas screaming, Tuna Tom's handy work put to the test, I fight the fish and the reel has no problem, it was the line that gave me fits as I broke off another losing the NBK. Kurt wondered why I had 2 nets, he found out this trip. As we were netting a king, the net missed the fish the but the tournament tie stuck to the net, I yelled SECOND NET!, out comes net # 2 and saved the day to bring a big boy into the boat. After netting another fish the extension pole on the net wasn't pinned to the handle, and out slipped the basket and short handle of the net, I yelled SECOND NET! this time second net netted a king and the net. We fished from 6:00 - 1:00 and had fast action early, boating 6 fish before 7:30, and kept getting into fish up until 12:45, I couldn't believe the bite was still on at 12:30 pm. We ended up 15 for 18, kept a few for the smoker, we did at least 5 shaker kings, and the rest were good size kings and 3 steelies, the biggest king was 17.8 lbs.

2011-07-1795070930.jpg

2011-07-1795073806.jpg

100_2293.jpg

100_2295.jpg

100_2297.jpg

100_2298.jpg

100_2299.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2301.jpg

2011-07-1795094645.jpg

====================