biting fly relief

Hi,

Fished off hughs sunday. Had three hits from 4.00pm to 600pm. Two browns landed.

The flys were biting better than the fish.

Any home remedies welcome on curbing there appetite.

:D

Bio Blue is an all purpose biodegradable cleaner that you can mix with water. When used in a spray bottle it drops flys dead and breaks them up when they swarm. Not sure where to get it now but i think we ordered it from Olindos when I worked in a kitchen years ago. Im going to find out. IT will be great for cleaning and killing(not sure about spraying canvas or upholstry) stay tuned!

I bought some Cabela's Nylon fishing pants. They are very thin and cool and the flies absolutely leave me alone. I have not been bitten once while wearing these pants! I had my wife hem them long so they bunch up around my ankles even when I sit. A great feature is that I can wet them and the water quickly evaporates and keeps me very cool on hot, humid fly days. They are so thin and lite it is almost like fishing buffy.

Hi,

Fished off hughs sunday. Had three hits from 4.00pm to 600pm. Two browns landed.

The flys were biting better than the fish.

Any home remedies welcome on curbing there appetite.

:D

Product called Ultra Shield made by absorbine and sold at most country hardware stores works 100%. I have a couple of boxes of the "wipes" version in my boat at all times and one packet is enough for arms, legs, and neck.

I hate any kind of spray or lotion on my skin. Here is what I do, I wear Bass Pro Shops lifetime socks. They are too thick for the fly to bite thru and in combination with a pair of goretex sneakers they are keep my feet well cushioned.

Some days the feet get warm and most days I look like a geek, but i do not get bit!!! Six pairs will last you a lifetime, I just take them back to BPS every 6 months for new ones!!

For those nasty ankle bitin' flies, Keep an extra pair of socks onboard ,or in one of your tackle boxes.., ..if the flies get bad put on the extra pair of socks !!Works great...and no mess or expense !!! Bring a few extra pairs for your fishing buddies too.......choo-choo

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your input.Im sure alot of people will get benefit from these ideas.

Nothing worse than the flies well maybe sea sickness will turn off new blood to the sport.

I myself will try alot of your ideas.

Thanks,

John :D