Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:slow rollin / ballz deep ok fished in front of fair haven yesterday we were in anywere from 100 to 200 fow marked plenty of bait and fish down 40 to 60 ft but could not buy a bite! Fished dipsies all different depths and ran our downrigger gear through alot of fish but hardly any action.Ran spin docs, flashers,spoons and nothing what am i doing wrong? We were out for 6 hrs and caught 1 atlantic salmon any help is greatly apprciated thanks

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 2

Total Boated:1

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure: ?

Trolling Speed: 2 2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Hey Slow Rollin,

Ive been there done that many times, do not despair. We fished Fairhaven Fri/Sat and really had to work for them. The best water for us was out in front of West Nine Mile 80-110 over 200 2.4 GPS. Mag Savant Holo Alewife on the riggers was our best with a Stinger Gobie 2nd, changed a lot of spoons out before we settled on those! Did not take a hit on the dipsey/flashers but they contributed to the spread because without them the spoons did not get bit. Hope this helps a little, keep on grinding and they will come.

See you on the pond!

We were out there friday afternoon nothing huge for use we didnt light the world on fire etiher went out for a an horu or so got 4 or 5 skippys and one about 10...one quesiton is if you have a probe? cause it makes a huge difference need to be were the temps are good this is my first year with one and i can say my fish numbers have jumped well over 100 percent knock on wood havent got skunked this year had bad days with 1 or 2 skippys only but no skunk and that was not the case last year without it skunk was in the boat more than it wasnt....we have mostly put the spoons away for the year chrome with green dot spinny and big fin fly and dolphin spinny and hammer fly were doing good that night....we were also fishing way deeper 100-120 down over 150-230 you might have jsut been in water that was just a little to warm for the kings...good luck next time keep going can only get better

Thanks and yes i just added an x4 to the rig what temp should i be looking for? I have referenced the temp guide provided win the x4 manual but still havent found alot of fish in these ranges. I know thers no magic formula just want a good starting point thanks guys

we fished fairhaven on sunday. We caught fish from 160fow to 220. only had 5 fish on and caught 4. we did boat 3 kings in the teens. Everything we cayght was down 90 -100. 2 nice fish were caught on a wire dipsey set on 2 out 310. it was a double glow white spinnie with a glow hammer fly. from the top of the loop to the head of the fly it was 21inches. our speed was 2.5 -3mph sog. the other nice fish was on a gator spinnie with a B fly.

It's not rocket science. It seems like you were doing the right thing but just didn't have much go your way. We fished the Pro-Am out of Sodus this weekend and tore it up on Saturday. Ran a very similar program on Sunday and managed to only land one King. Caught 4 Lakers and dropped 11 fish that we couldn't keep hooked up. Some times you just need some luck I guess. Keep at it...it'll get better.

slow rollin... a couple of things... first be careful with that x4 as from what I can tell they read different than the sub troll and depthraider... such as myself and others with depthraiders run a downspeed of 2.1, where as my friends with the x4 prefer to run 2.4-2.6 downspeed. Also temp is a bit different... for this take a small glass thermometer, the type they sell for fish tanks are perfect) and float it just below the water... use that temp to calibrate your x4 as well as your fish finder. I can't figure out how to calibrate my depthraider, but it's off by about 4 degrees (I just mostly fish 47-52 degree water).

Also, careful with the reports you read on this site... people who fish the east end of the lake often have much colder water than we have on the west end. Example being late last week people at the Bar or Oak were only fishing 40-60 feet down, while at Sodus/Oswego we were fishing 100-120 feet down. Easiest way to avoid this is to A) fish the depths the LARGE marks are at on your fish finder B) fish the correct temp area according to your x4 C) find bait and put your lures 10-20' below it.

Lastly, get to know your gear. Start trolling in 100 feet of water. Lower your rigger balls until they hit bottom, then start trolling. Once they blowback they won't be hitting bottom any longer and will need to be lowered. Keep lowering them until they continue to bounce every once in a while while trolling. Read your rigger counter, will probably be like 110' over 100fow to hit bottom. That will give you an idea to the amount of blowback you have.

Now do the same with your dipseys. See if you can get them to hit bottom in 100fow. I personally can't. 90fow on a 1 setting with 300-375' of wire out usually does the trick. I need to figure out my 2.5 setting now that I'm running two dipseys per side. For dipseys especially you'll want to repeat this process in 80, 70, 60, and 50 fow... maybe even 40 and 30 for those days you're targeting steelies and browns.

Hope that helps!

Nick

Figured I'd share my little success story from this past weekend. Went out of Sodus Sat about 7:30 and was only able to get one little 8# jack all morning. He came on a light green Atomik fly with a green/black/silver spin doctor down about 90' behind the ball over 230 fow. Went back out in the evening and got a 12# brown on the same setup but at 100' over 180 fow.

Certainly nothing to brag about but Sat was my first time fishing w/o one of my best friends who always knows all the tricks and has all the gear. His garage reminds me of Cabelas!

Anyway, the best part about it was my 9 year old daughter got to do the crankin on the brown. She couldn't believe what she saw come to the surface. I think that's what they call a priceless moment. Was to me anyway.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

shrek very cool! By all means you or slow trollin should stop by Arneys and say hi. We'll be out Friday - Sun this weekend and are on Ch9 with the rest of the fisherman at our marina... listen in if you want as we usually say what depths/lures are working for us.

hey you guys are great! I cant tell you how great it is to have so many fisherman help out with the questions i have! you guys are a big help.O and bobs boy where is arneys? Id love to stop by and meet you guys t some point. If you guys hear me on the radio my new boats name is slow rollin/ ballz deep they are both the same boat just have to figure out how to change my name to ballz deep only on the site to avoid confusion thanks again guys