What best "for the $" Fishfinder for Seneca

Just outfitting my 16 ft Alumacraft 16CS (no downrigger yet) but need a fishfinder. Any advice would be appreciated. Most of my fishing will be on Seneca (LT, Perch, Bass, AS,Rainbow etc. Almost always on the North end near Geneva.

It seems confusing having been away from the sport for 25 years. I seem to have forgotten more than I ever knew.

Down scan, GPS, color, .... all new to me.

Regards & Thanks

Color is nice you dont need down scan/side imaging. I have it and it works great but not a must. I would get a good color unit with gps. Lowrance, Garmin, or Raymarine, I am running Lowrance and am happy with the HDS units. The customer service used to suck with lowrance but I delt with them this spring and they were great. I would look at the HDS-5 OR 7 with gps built in.

I second the HDS 5. Those units are about the highest output power wise you can get at a reasonable price. I have a great humminbird that is excellent for jigging and I can pretty much call if a fish is going to hit but when I'm trolling on Seneca over 300fow I lose bottom often. Gps is a great plus for marking waypoints for your hotspots.

I have a Humminbird and a Lowrance on board. I use the Humminbird to control downriggers and for side and downscan. I had my Lowrance first and only purchased the Humminbird to link my riggers. I like my Lowrance so much that I couldn't part with it. They both work great. Whatever you choose, make sure its in color.

I have a humminbird 597 ci hd. great little unit. It has a high power output for marking those deep fish. 5" color screen, GPS built in, very easy to use. This unit does not have the down imaging but i dont think its not needed for trolling. at $499 it was a great deal. The trick to any FF is setting the transducer at the right angle.

I love my hds 7 paired with navionics platinum mapping chip. I did have to send mine back this past may cause it would not power up but they sent me a brand new one. Customer service was great to deal with. I want to buy another one but they are a little pricey:(

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Just outfitting my 16 ft Alumacraft 16CS (no downrigger yet) but need a fishfinder. Any advice would be appreciated. Most of my fishing will be on Seneca (LT, Perch, Bass, AS,Rainbow etc. Almost always on the North end near Geneva.

It seems confusing having been away from the sport for 25 years. I seem to have forgotten more than I ever knew.

Down scan, GPS, color, .... all new to me.

Regards & Thanks

There so many good ones out there now...... set your price range first and then research the ones you think you like. You can get more info from the guys here on those units. I suggest color, combo gps comes in handy if you want to repeat going over a spot.

Good luck