Hot Lure: Atommik Hammer, B fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 400-700

Lure Depth: 50-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We started off Thursday night arriving at Sodus and headed due North to fish some deep water kings. We ran 12 miles out to find a productive looking screen. We ran 2 riggers, 2 wires and a 400, 500, and 600 copper. Our spoons on the riggers took a few fish and our wires and coppers produced the larger fish pulling Atommik B flies, Hammers, green glow, and glow mirage behind various spinnys. We ended the night with 10 fish.

Friday was exactly the same as Thursday night except we ventured a bit further north fishing 500’-700’ and fund a temp break that moved down temp down 80 to only down 55 in about a ½ mile. This is where we took our larger kings. We ended the day with a box 17-19 lbers and one at 22. That would have been great for Saturday, but too light for big fish Friday finishing 10th. Our B flies and Hammers shined all day. Stingers were hot off the riggers in green and silver, and dolphin colors.

Saturday found us 13 miles north again with exactly the same results as the day before. Our break was gone, but the fish were still there. We ended up having a few smaller ones hit the deck. Our first fish of the day was a beautiful 19 ¼ “ king ;( . At about 1030 we finished our box with a nice mix of teenagers and 2 yr olds. We were sitting in 3rd after Day 1 eleven points out of 1st.

Sunday we were confident in our spot and returned after thinking about changing locations based on a few rumors of bigger fish. Well we boxed 4 nice kings early on a hammer and B flies, and the the bite stopped for us. At 830 we began getting nervous as we went a hour without a touch and our screen turned barren. The prior days were nonstop. After shallowing up a bit to 400’ I began to see some boats moving around so we figured the bite died for a lot of teams. So we ran 12 miles south east to pville, put leaders on the king gear and filled the box with 5 browns. The browns were hungry for stingers in both bright and natural colors.

After getting to the dock and taking a look at the leader board, we knew it was going to come down to a couple pounds. As we put our fish on the scales, it looked as though we might actually overtake first. As the last brown went in the basket, the wheels started turning and It was so close I couldn’t figure out who was in first. It wasn’t us. We ended up second to Prize Fighter with scores of 348.72 and 348.64 respectively. I guess you cant get any closer.

It was a great weekend and wish there was another Pro am to go. I guess we have to wait another 10.5 months until Niagara. Its been great seeing everyone this year and I hope differences can be resolved and this tournament can grow again. Thanks Bill Hilts, Chris Kenyon, Dave Turner, Mike Waterhouse and everyone else involved in making this tournament run. Thanks to all the sponsors, Abes and Jacks for the hospitality, It was a blast.

Congratulations :clap: to the Screamer boys on their Lake cup and Pro am wins. And I guess Ill congratulate Phil and Perry on the Prize Fighter boat for their cup and pro am victories too :yes: . Good luck with the stringer and you guys are welcome aboard any time.

Awesome tournament Jeff. Strange actually reading a report from you :lol: Not bad fishing last week, I Hope you plan on doing a little better this weekend though :rofl: Something tells me that Screamer team isn't gonna hand over that triple crown without a fight :devil: See ya this weekend :yes: