Hot Lure: gator, spin docs

Trolling Speed: 2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 150 -175

Lure Depth: 50 - 85

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

After reading all of the fantastic reports while being away from the Lake Ontario due to family vacation, I decided to hit it for a short time and took a co worker with me.

Started out at 7:30 pm. Landed rods after 5 mile run NE. Then trolled westbound with the waves coming in from NE.

Set up: 3 rod spread with two riggers 55' with gator spoon and cheater spoon black evil eye and 85' with green/silver spin doc and one diver.

By the time the sun set, one by one the rods fired. We were battling the fish when we saw the third rod on fire. Talk about a triple on Tuesday evening. One teen king and the rest of the kings in the low 20's. We must have hit a school of good sized kings.

IMG_1838_1.jpg

IMG_1835_1.jpg

We were only able to release 2 of the 4 fish. The floater we turned around to pick it up and brought it with us. We were fortunate to find someone at the dock to accept the fish and it was a father with his son who were amazed by the size of the fish. We are blessed to have this great fishery in our backyard.

The kings are out there. Stay cool under the upcoming heat wave.

Great way to end the evening, Anthony! And you ended it even better by making that young boy's night in giving him the one you had to keep - paying it forward always reaps its own rewards.

pat