Ibay 19th.

I've been reading all the reports on the wonderfull fishing and it driving me nuts because the wind is keeping me off the lake, the north or northeast or north west wind is not good for a 16ft. boat. Yesterday I took a chance and headed out of I Bay about 6am and headed north west to keep the waves from soaking us, I shut down at 100fow and lowered the temp probe,about 40ft down I had forty deg.water so I setup the rigger and two wire rods with spin doc and flies and spoons on the rigger, went out to 160fow and started east at 1.8 to 3.0 depending on the direction of troll. I set everything high, 50ft. with a slider on the rigger and 100 to 150 0n the wires. I never marked fish or bait, got one skipper bow on the slider, quit about 11:00. I'd like to know if anyone else out there had temp in that range and was marking fish from west of the genny to I Bay in 160 to 75fow? My F-F gives me a good bottom reading and I marked the ball down to 60ft. Thanks for reading , I wanted to run up to the oak but I didn't want to burn the gas and not be able to get on the lake. :(

Oh, I forget to mention I didn't find any Fleas. :clap::clap:

It really wasn't that bad, the small boat just goes up and down, the worst part is getting soaking wet when your running. You want to have your life jacket on, you stumble around a lot setting lines. It was mostly Two to three footers with a four now and then. the boat handle's them well. :o

The hard part is finding someone to go out with you. :lol:

Mike skip the Oak and start coming towards Sandy Creek. Your 35-40 min. at most and don't have to deal with the crowds. The deep water is MUCH closer and the fishing has been real good as of late. PM me and I'll bring you up to speed. As far as temp it's been shallow but I'm sure the strong west today are going to drive it right down ( near 100')

Last time out was the 17th just creamed them. Just 2 of us out so we ran 2 wire divers and 2 riggers. Moonshine carbon 14 on the 70 ft rigger took 9 fish a lot of steelies and a couple teenage kings. East of webster park seems best btw 120-200fow. Spinnys on wires and spoons on riggers. The fleas are getting bad so clean spoons with out cheaters are less of a hasssel but I would check them every 30 min. Ended up 22 for 27 that day. Only fished til 11am. Hope this wind doesn't F it up. Fishing again Fri afternoon. Bill

Hey Bill, that was a banner day you had. I wanted to go east but the wind made it a bad ride in my boat.Without down speed I have to do a lot of north-south trolling instead of east, and ended up west of the river. :( .

Fished the same water east of the bay. Boated 16, mostly wire bites. Fished btw.100 and 200 fow. 60-80 on riggers, wires out 200ft. Mostly lakers last night with a few bows, skipper kings and one brown. Fleas are getting worse by the day on the riggers and the ankle biters were out in force. Bill