How long do the fleas stick around?

After having to limit ourselves to only 2 rods (the 2 with fliea flicker line), I've been giving a lot more thought to fleas - planning to buy some 30# line that is at least .022" diameter (like Big Game).

But I also am wondering, how long do they typically make life difficult? Will they be starting to go away, or even be gone in late August, early September - when the salmon start staging?

I have gone on a salmon trip every year but one for the last 12 years or so in that time frame on Lake Ontario late August into September. I alway take two reels with 30# FF line just in case my 30# Ande didn't do the job for fleas...........I think I had to use the FF reels one time, the Ande has come thru for me so far as well as the big game should for you.

60 degrees is the magic number with fleas. That is the temp they like the most and where you will find them in the water column. When we get some ne winds that roll the lake over they will disperse and start to die off. Either way their lifespan only seems to take them to around mid August.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png