dockage in Lower Niagara

Considering docking in the Lower Niagara (American side near the mouth) during May & June next spring. Is anyone familiar with places I might consider and any pros or cons? I've docking going west of the river (Port Dalhousie) the last couple of springs but think avoiding the border could be easier.

• 12 years later...

Wilson Harbor, twelve miles east of the lower Niagara River has docks available. The Niagara Bar is eight miles west and warm water river effluent from the river turns on the fish as soon as Lake Erie ice is gone. Shoreline waters are good to go here in the Spring. Port Dahlousie has early flow of warm Lake Erie water as soon as the ice leaves the Port Colborne area. Westerly winds on Lake Erie bring warm Ohio waters quickly as soon as the ice has gone. The spring fishing on the Bar and shoreline here is the most productive of the whole lake since the fertile Lake Erie planktons attract the bait here first.

Fox Boys Marina I believe is still in business down there. Not sure when their docks go in. They are expensive. Expect your boat to get beat up also with no sea-wall. If your boat is trailerable, consider contacting the 3F club In Lewiston to dry dock it. They have a large parking lot and may be agreeable to renting you storage.