Copper where do you run it?

I been using copper for a while now, usually just run it down the shoot. Im just curious to your opinions on where to run it. It can be a real pain in the a.. when you have to reel it in when trying to clear the lines when running down the shoot. I have even set it up on the tower sometimes to try and keep it out of the way.

I run mine way off the side of the boat off of an Otter board. It is out of the way and you cover more water that way. It is like having another downrigger off of your plainerboard.

I run mine on the big boards as well. It's out of the way and you can just forget about it. When it's on a board any slight turn changes it speed and depth. Which I believe to make copper so effective.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I use big boards for copper as well. Church walleye boards seem to park a 400 over my dipsies which creates tangles when fish rise up into the copper. Church TX-44 boards ($35) are bigger and I suspect they will take a 400 to the outside of your dipsies. I have one but, it is still in the package. If you have enough backing, you can run the walleye boards 100 yards back. Combined with mag dipsies, this should give you clearance at the expense of a lot of line out.