Fishing Braddock's Bay

Blunight -

It's always been my guess that as the bay heats up in the mid-summer months, the pike seems to move out closer to the lake in search of some cooler water. It also seems that very first light and right at dusk is about the only time you can really get them to bite as they disappear as the sun gets higher in the sky. Mid to Late summer months, mouth of the bay out into the lake has produced the most fish for me until the water temps in the bay start cooling down again.

Hope this helps!

Chad

Well said Chad, I was in the bay a few days ago and there were pike all over lying on the bottom just west of the old pier. Some hogs too! The pier had smallmouth and perch on it. The water is clear and them pike were spooky. Early morn with shiners under a clear float should do it, and again before dark. Large curly tails in clear smoke at 5'' work great just befor dark. Swim them slow and let them drag in the sand for a foot then pop em out and swim them. That works for me..

Take large perch over stinky pike any day!!!! :o The old pir is the sunk and only a couple feet below the water as you head out in the lake. If you launch at the marina go across the bay, head at the little island to the right and then go out into the lake . Go slow you will see it. If you have polarized glasses you will see the pike on the bottom.

"It also seems that very first light and right at dusk is about the only time you can really get them to bite as they disappear as the sun gets higher in the sky" well said Chad! you can fish the back channel with zara spooks early morning and at dusk also. do it all the time. chrome with black back along with g-finish shad colors seem to work the best. walk the dog fast to get the pike to jump right out of the water with it in its mouth, pretty cool actually. the post above about fishing the mouth of the bay is right on too..hope this helps!