Surface Temp: 75

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 28

Total Boated: 24

Species Breakdown: Kings , Brown, Steel

Hot Lure: Yeck NBK, Die Hard (attractors later)

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2

Boat Depth: 140 - 250

Lure Depth: 115

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

5th_place.jpg

Friday ran west and spent the morning in search mode for the LSRC... we found good marks with bait and fish.

Browns to start, moved out and did some gorgeous steelhead and then we found the kings.... we did 3 over 20lbs and then headed out

away from the pod of fish - only to keep picking up some more kings i believe we finished 10 for 14

Saturday ran to same numbers just outside where we had did the browns friday, 2 rods in the water and probe rigger with Yeck spoon fires.

we had three doubles with 4 kings over 20lbs and an overall good day! The bite was vicious why it was on for us - then it shut down ended the day with 9 in the box a few put back and 3 screamers that came unglued...and RJ took 3rd for youth big fish with 21.7lbs off a deep rigger down 115.....dipsies in the 300-330 range were most consistent

Thanks to Yeck and Traxstech for their great products and support.

Yeck Spoons

Grn on Grn

and chromes were best

Nice job Chris. RJ will remember it for a while I'm sure.

Hey chris...nice fishing! I remember our conversation at jons friday...you said you only caught 1 king and lots of browns...interesting report. Nice!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Surprisingly, same thing happened to me. Saturday, Chris called me to see how we did out of Fair Haven at 2:00 when my guys were heading to the weigh-in. Then somehow, his box got a little bigger by the time he weighed in... Hmm, darn Engineers can't count right.

(For those who don't know Chris, I am in no way implying foul play)

We finished 5th

The box didn't get bigger.....the fish did!!! the entire transom is a fish box so when you have fish in there they don't seem very big- when you load them into the weigh in cooler they definitley got bigger i'll admit!!! But, i was working and not paying attention to the size as much as i was trying to get my guys some more fish! I was happy for my first trip, especially for the little guy doing his first salmon as 21.7lbs!!! I also learned over the years you always try to guess low on weight of your fish going into weigh-in, i had no idea we were in that good of shape going to weigh in.

Rod,

one vs two or three..... It's tourney time you should know better!!! I could have told you none :$

No harm meant - it was nice to once find my fish before tourney day with no boats around and have them still be there the next day!

Especially with the amount of people in Jon's - Thanks to Jon and everyone else for putting together another good tourney for the Little Salmon River

Rod,

one vs two or three..... It's tourney time you should know better!!! I could have told you none :$

Something I've seen way too much of on the tourney trail! Lots of lost friendships over this too! Lying to friends, and other fisherman, during tourneys doesn't make you any friends. Being honest and saying "I'd rather not say", or simply "its tourney time and I'll tell you later" is much more respected.

Anyway....nice job on the top 5 finish. Lots of boats fish those tourneys so there is a lot of competition to contend with.

Thanks it was 109 boats and some great competition and it was great to see so many younger kids and families took part

no worries -i'm not about to lose friends over fishing.....i'm sure it happens though

Not sure if i would consider it lying....lots on my mind one being a tourney, two being my first trip so lots of things in my head in which i had to put clients first and tourney second - as a real good friend said it....i popped my cherry

No offense but most everything i hear going into tourney time is "you know better" or you're fishing aren't you or see how we do at weigh in......but, i guess some people take offense...i kinda laugh at it

all part of the fun and competition

Agree with ya Rick...lies are not even lies anymore....

Btw...to set the record strait, I never asked you how you did Chris, you just offered it up. Guess that is what struck me as a little odd. Like I told ya, I was fishing fair haven so it didn't much matter how the fishing was in Mexico :D

Ain't no big thing...now I know ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png