Scotty Stackers on Sub Troll cable

Waterlogged what problems did you have :? :?: I have run them with no problems reading speed or temp, and I believe that Jack aka Shorthanded had a sub troll and I know that he used them on his boat. They are plastic and rubber so I don't see where there would be a problem.

WL, mine are the two plastic ones together without the metal clip, like the 1st picture but 2 together, one has like 4" of mono and the other is like 6" but they are connected. You just clip one plastic one right to the cable and the other to the fishing line. I'll post a pic. when I can for you.

Tank,

Our speed was waya off. We were reading 2.75 on the Moore and our GPS SOG was like 3.7 and the temperature was bouncing around. By the time we figured out what was causing the problem it was too late to do anything about getting fishi in the boat for the LSRC. We were flying across the lake. We did get 4 very aggressive fish to take our lures but managed only 1 in the boat. I told the captain our stuff down below must have looked like pinwheels in a hurricane!!

Thanks WL, I haven't noticed anything "funny", but I have not hooked up the gps yet so I "could" have that issue and not know it. When the bite was hot I had no issues, so I think things were pretty accurate, but I have tons of releases so I think until the gps is running I will rig a setup like Tom described. Then I will test with gps in the future. Thanks for the reply! Tank

Yep...messed with our speed and temp a lot. Must be the large metal clip. Once we removed the stacker.....all was fine. We kept questioning why we had so much blow back on the rigger balls, but it was our first day with a pair of new sharks, so we thought maybe they we're 10's instead of 12's??

At one point in the Lsrc, we were fishing off the starboard side of Team Cold Steel, and I mentioned to Clark how slow they were trolling :roll:

We slowed down to their speed and our sub troll read 2 to 2.25 mph.

For the most part we ran 2.5 to 3 for down speed, but our gps speed was 3.7 and up :shock: :shock:

Once I realized it I tried some cannon stackers I had on the boat and they worked just fine.

Rod