Buffy at Sandy-------------Ok" Pegasus"

Well i drug the tin can out for the 3rd time this year only to find myself (and my son) surronder by a bunch of strange fishermen.......yup another derby.

We tinkered a tad fri.nite with fish all over so these new to me waters was gonna be all skill not just luck....

After Begging everyone I saw fri nite for info it was apperant my skill wasnt working so we headed out in the morning hoping luck was on our side.

It wasnt long befor the doubles started and with only Casey and I in the boat my .49cent auto piolet (bungie) was in big demand....

Never counted how many fish we got foir the day but it was over toes and fingers 2 times ..

after boxin 2 cohos and tossing many many lakers 10 to 15 lbs i was regreting not killin a mud chicken for some better points..

Then the left rigger streaches out with casey under control of that rod then the right rigger calls me in with our hands full and autopiolet on we give each other that poop eatin grin enjoying our double then some stupid laker starts rippin a dypsy as fast as any laker can ..

Well it was out to 500 ft pretty fast with the kicker at idle before i toss a 5 lb king and casey was unhooking the first of a "double on one rod" 2 ...3to 4 lbrs.

I grabed the rod and cant slow this tugger down for nuttin.so I hand casey the rod and clear our last rod and put the kicker in netural...still the kid cant get no where so i knew we had a 20 to 25 pluss laker in a foul mood...So i did what ive only had to do with ultralights and put the kicker in reverse...slow..

Even then it was tuff gettin the fish to 75 ft of the boat before it pops off and floats behind the boat belly up...

Normally with no rods out i would of spun around but with all the reversing we closed the gap between us and yankee pretty close and with his trojan sniffin my rear with boards and wire out and their was no way to spin or even call him off. so we drove off and left 30 or better points floating...hope the fish made it ..

we did grab a 18 lb king and a 8 lb brown for a full box but with the 2s buildin to 3s we came in a tad early ..........at least we had some kind of box but not a jump up and down one..

Over all my son and i enjoyed a good time togeather maybe a couple more rods could of made a difference but the 4 we had down keeped us 2 as busy as we wanted ..

Thank you all for the Great derby....

PS: between the tackle, and gift certifacates in the " TEAM BAG" it came up to close to $95.00 retail price so it could be said it was a 5.00 derby..pretty cool..

I remeber the OLD DAYS OF THE PRO/AMS when a goodie bag was the norm not 1st prize......

Maybe ill refocus my derbys next year.....................

Thanks again ........Ray and Casey....