henderson harbor 7/ 23 and 24 2011

we fished saturday am and pm. fished the haystack area in the morning and did 8 lakers to 10# and 2 kings with the largest at 20#. went back out in the afternoon and had a slow pick until about two hours before dusk. for about an hour we had continuous action on kings with the largest 22#. Went 4 for 6 with a miss on one double. total for day 10 lakers and 6 kings. Im not going to post too much on set up since its loc however you guys who have been keeping this thread going can gladly send me a pm .

good luck

chris

We fished last weekend and got 3 in the trench Saturday morning and evening. Thermocline seemed to move down quite a bit. This one was very long caught over the finger last saturday and weighed 24lb. My buddy Matt had a great fight on his birthday with his first salmon! Pretty good we landed one despite getting tangled in the release and totally frayed the line. We are 8 for 8 on salmon this year!

IMG_5938.jpg

Fished the Trench Sun 5 -2 Mrs first trip to the Lake. Landed 3 kings 17-20# had 2 Lakers up to 10# Broke off 1 fish. Highlight of trip was a double a Laker on a dipsey and a King off the rigger ended up with 3 rods involved in the tangle but still managed to land both fish. I should be back out the next 2 weekends

Fished Trench area all the way around the finger. had decent action in all the areas with most of our action coming off of dypsey divers out 200' with Live Wire Spin doctor and matching fly. Did have a nice king we lost at the boat on a Echip hologram with a green stripe running down it. Kings are in the trench but not as many as I like to see. Hopefully within a week or two it will be loaded but then again so will everybody with a boat in the northeast!

my friend George whose boat name is Lightning went 5 for seven on kings yesterday and my friend john whose boat name is harbor lights, went 2 for two with a bt and laker along with the kings in 1-1/2hrs yesterday also.

i love running my dipseys.

i get ridiculed by my friends for running them in the trench but i have been running them for over six seasons with no problems ,other than the occasional tailgater.

the wife and i almost had a triple last sunday as we were pulling the rods for the day.

plaid with lime stripe was hot for us as was the nuke green e=chip.got two on meat.

good luck!

mike m