Headed out Friday evening after the storms rolled through, about 6:30pm. Setup in 90fow straight out. I had just picked up one of those dalmation spin doctors I've been hearing about. I have had NO LUCK with spin doctors in the past... I mean I don't know that I've ever been able to catch a fish on one... so I figured I'd try the bigger version and put it on the drive side dipsey that fires very seldom (must be the way I drive ;) ) Well we're setup for maybe 10mins and the spinny diver gets creamed... I mean just destroyed. Out 200' with dipsey on #2 and a green siggs rig fly. My father was on board for his first trip of the year and is having a great fight. He landed the fish and eclipsed our biggest fish of theyear so far by 8lbs with a beautiful 27lb king. Circled back around and almost same spot had another screamer on the other dipsey 250' #2 with a green protroll and green/clear fly. It was another big fish and I got antsy and tightened the drag too much and snap :( Circled again and the dalmation spinny took off again 200' out over 105 fow and landed a 21lb king. It was getting dark so we called it a night.

Saturday morning. Headed out to the same spot and consistantly hit fish until the wind picked up at 10am. We hit 6 kings from 7am-10am. My dad was on board, so everytime I dipsey would fire, I'd slow the boat down to almost neutral. It kinda rules out doubles, but makes it much easier to real in a dipsey fish. We did actually have one rip on a dipsey going slow like that (laker maybe?). Once the wind picked up, we couldn't get anything to fire and didn't mark anything.

Saturday evening. Went back to the same spot and started hitting fish. Ended up losing a real screamer but boated 2 nice kings. Same lures as the morning. Nice couple of hours with mom dad and sister on board.

Sunday morning. Same spot. Same deal. Hit fish, boated 3 kings in the first two hours, but then the wind really started whipping and we couldn't get anything to go.

All in all, a great weekend of fishing. That dalmation spin doctor took over half our fish. We had only one fish on a rigger all weekend... not sure what was going on there... tried all different depths, different spoons, flashers, dodgers, cut bait... just couldn't get them to fire.

Nick

Nick nice weekend, we have been doing pretty good out of Sodus also..Mainly a spoon bite for us, Yellow Killer, NBK, Alewife, Emerald Shad, Magenta Shad, Chicken Wing, Green Thunder, Coyote, Watermelon....We did get a few on dome Pro-Trolls with Howies but not many.....Out front or west in the same depth range has been good.....It is amazing how things can change so fast out there in the matter of a few hours......I will be on the water in the AM.... I will let you know how we did.....I will bring the Sharpie with me to do some coloring on the White Spinny........ Woody.

bobs_boy,

Please just tell me it was Fish Stix that told you about that spin doctor. I should have never told him nothing. If it was him I'm going to burn his camper down and sink his boat :devil::lol::devil: