Dipsy rod action?

I started with a couple of heartland med action dipsy rods when I started out. This yr I added a 10' eagle claw to the mix and the action seems very soft. I'm wondering if I run it on the same side as a med action rod the longer rod will bend close to the stiffer inside shorter rod? Also checked out the Ugly Stick 10' rod and that was med-heavy action. Seemed almost too heavy?

Wondering what everyone else is using and what the rating is for action on the rods.

Spike

i have two of each.if i were running 2 to a sde i would put the eagle claw closer to stern on 1.5 and the heartland forward on 3.for what it's worth my divers bump bottom 10 feet deeper with the eagle claw rod than the heartland.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the Ugly Sticks and they were really stiff in the first 3/4 of the rod and really whimpy in the last 1/4. Heartlands or Okuma diver rods are the way to go. The Yellow sticks (Eagle Claws) have a tendency to break.

Never broke one, but they just lay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over with a mag dipsey, and never really want to try and pull it off to the side.

Seemed as though the dipsey was in control of the rod, but with the US's, vise-versa now.

I have the eagles and run mags dipsys and standard with no problems for over a year now. I also run Okuma classic GLT dipsy rods. All 10ft. I run the GLTs on one side and the eagles on the other when I run 4 rods. Its just my preference though.