waneta water temps

could someone tell me the water temp in the last 24hrs for waneta....would like to get down, have`nt fished since larry`s tourney and i can`t take it anymore!i need my fixx.Looking @ late sat very early sun am.

Thanks in advance.

sol

When the water temps are in the 80's being caught and released is extremely tough on the fish, especially esox.

Instead maybe consider some smaller stream fishing where the temps aren't so bad and leave the lakes alone for now.

Ever fished the Conewango, Chemung, Susky or Tioughnioga? Load up the canoe or Jon and go try something new for a change. The fish are out there. The state stocks hundreds of Chautauqua fingerlings into the Conewango each year. Pures wander up from Pa. into the Chemung from the Susky.

These tend to be smaller fish but not always. I recall a sporting goods store in Olean called Olympia sports (still there but in a new location now) that had an Allegheny river muskie skin mount on the wall in the tackle shop section of the store. 54" IIRC and the plaque on it claimed it to be the 8 lb test world record. The Conewango does give up a 30 pounder from time to time. Ishua creek is another sleeper. The Tioughnioga produced the state record tiger back in 1990.