Seneca 7-30-2011 Seneca Grand Slam !!!!!

Seneca 7-30-2011

Bill showed up last night and was ready for a morning bite on Seneca………….off we go over to the west side hoping for a weed free area. Set up in 500+’ and was going to working in too the shore but had some good marks so we worked them over a bit. Picked up a laker down 57’. Then nothing for a while so we worked in to the west side………. ( the 788 ci is up too it ole tricks again over deep water losing bottom reading or locking on a cannon ball no much good to tell ya what’s going on down there ) after we got back in to 250’ it was reading OK again. Found the area was almost weed free and had a steady bit going. Picked up 5 legal landlocks , 5 legal lakers , 2 small browns and 1 legal one and a legal rainbow for a Seneca Grand Slam !!!!!

Ran three rigger and 5 color lead core for a short time then pulled it after some striger weeds got on it never put it back down………….deep rigger for lakers and one landlock was 61’ the later 71’ and 81’………….had one rigger pulling browns , rainbow and some landlocks at 49’ other rigger was parked at 54’ and picked up only landlocks………….all spoons long leads…….we were stuck on 13 and it was getting HOT and nearing noonish so I stuck the waypoint in from the first laker of the day and just as we were getting to it the deep rigger down 81’ fired with the 14th fish……………..WHAT A GREAT time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillandEdgrand-slam005.jpg

BillandEdgrand-slam002.jpg

BillandEdgrand-slam007.jpg

Great job Ed. I finely got my first laker on my boat with rigger, yesterday. Maybe there is hope for me with the down rigger fishin. To bad my dad told me what lure n speed to use. We got his boat on the water wendsday. I cant wait for the fall meet.

Thanks guys.............

lakebound88 , I just installed one that went bad the one I'm talking about now I bought thru Cablea's it didn't come with the unit.........it's a Quadbeam...... has the 83@60* , the 200@ 20* and two (2) 45*@30* one each side................ If it keeps up I'll check with Amira (sp) the transducer out fit and buy one of theres...........this unit is really nice or I'm just hooked on color never had that before........next step will be to figure out why my narvonic chip is so far off !!!!! :devil:

Thanks Nick we'll see what they say , YT may have hit it for me on the "noise filter" setting .....I think it maybe turned OFF , I know when Hoot and I did a slow ride back over in the rain had a reading all the way over at speed started to slow down and it went nut'sO.............LOL................ I've been having a real hard time with the browns this year.......you think I've zeroed in on the speed the landlocks and bows like and going to HOT for the browns ????.......I know last year when I had the brown zeroed in I was picking all my rainbows up on the turns and hardly any landlocks ????? Well it's fishing and I NOT complaining those landlocks and bows are crazy fun !!!!!!! :rofl: