Hot Lure: DW wonderbread spoon

Trolling Speed: 2-3 mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 80'-250'

Lure Depth: 80'-50'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

A very wavy run this morning for my little boat on my first morning run ever. Sooooo worth it! Headed NE to get to deep water fastest. Didn't start getting hits until 7:30 at 180 feet, 80 down on rigger with dw wonderbread spoon. Got continuous pops on that till 200 (all Lake Trout not exceeding 11 lbs), then nothing happening. Eventually headed back SW and came upon one of my coolest fishing moments ever with a double on the same line! Was using a cheater with a Yeck Green/orange glow spoon on the same line as DW wonderbread. Saw the rigger popped and pulled up 2 5-6 lb lakers on the same pole! Took some pics and video. Sadly, I was not able to bring those 2 fish back. My second pole, a dipsy at about 50 down with an NK green/blue/silver spoon, didn't have a fish on until about 80 feet. My guess was a brown but I didn't get it all the way in.

I'm starting to get the hang of this, but can't understand why all Lakers and no Kings. Maybe trolling speed, but likely depth. Gonna have to change up next time. If you look close, you can see both lakers in the net...

2011-07-30_10-28-42_456.jpg

Great job out there MP!

You are certainly learning the ropes from the LOU site. I am glad you ve started to use the cheaters. Thats why You got yourself a double on one rigger! :clap:

About finding the salmon - you may want to add a variety of lures, not just spoons. Try to put in spin docs with atomik flies. The wire diver with spin doc and fly is a very hot set up for kings!

I like to set up one rigger with spoons and the other rigger with spin doc and flys. Two wire divers rigged with spin docs and flys.

Keep up with the good work out there.