7/31 Canandaigua

Decided to take a short trip out on the lake tonight. Got out there w/ my line in the water around 7:30. Jigged South of the Bristol Harbor area. Had a few delightful encounters with boats and wakeboarders about 50 yards from my boat. Couldn't believe these people were between me and shore when I was in about 100 feet. Might have to bring an air horn out there next time. It's crazy how inconsiderate people can be, but back to the fishing. I had a chaser or two close to the boat and couldn't seal the deal. Missed a couple strikes when the jig was on the way down. Had some decent marks on the fish finder. All the sudden I was reeling up and had a good strike. Finally netted the Laker about 10 minutes later after some good runs. Weighed it and measured it. It was at least 11lbs and 30" or so according to the boga grip and measuring tape. First one over 10 lbs! I was so ecstatic and wanted to get it back in the water so I can catch it when it's maybe 5 lbs bigger. Had a big head compared to what I've gotten used to catchin on Keuka. Great night on the water besides the pleasure boats/boarders. Anyways, hit a good milestone tonight! Tight lines everyone!

The only big downside on that lake. Seems like the pleasure boat capital if your not off the water early. Congrats on the Ten plus laker. Females are fillin up with maturing eggs and those fish are gettin fat. Stick with the jiggin on that lake and I'll bet you catch alot more that size and bigger.

Nice job on the laker... was staying at a friends place on the west side of the lake over the weekend and figured i would give the whole jigging thing a shot. picked up a nice smallie for my efforts but man i can vouch for the boat traffic. crazy. i think i will wait until after labor day to try it again.

ERABBIT- boga grips are expensive but they are worth it. these things are bulletproof. i lived in SW Florida for a few years and primarily fished out of a kayak. my boga was regularly drenched in salt water and was dropped a few times in shallow water. i even dropped it in sand once after oiling it up..what a mess. rinsed it off in the gulf and was good to go. I've used and abused it for 6-7 years and it stills works just like the day i bought it.