End of my reports this year - due to broken bones

Hey gang,

I had an unfortunate incident yesterday when I fell off a ladder and broke three ribs, my left arm and left wrist along with significant ligament damage to my wrist. Needless to say, but my season is probably over b/c I will be off to surgery ASAP. The orthopedic guys were talking 8-12 weeks out. What a bummer, but it certainly could have been worse.

To all my good friends on this site - I always enjoy posting - and reading - all of the great fishing reports.

Thanks to you all for a great season.

Good luck to all and be safe,

-Chris

Chris,

I'm so sorry to hear that and let me know if you need anything, I'm just around the corner. Get well quick so you're ready in time to pull the bow back. You know I had a contractor over here and he was laughing at my ladder. He said to throw that thing out and showed me why he limps today with a busted hip. I take that stuff for granted some time.

I'll get in touch soon and stop by even if you don't need me.

Be well!

John

Wow sorry to hear that, too many accidents told on this site related to ladders. If you wouldn't mind sharing a bit more about how it happened and what we should all do to avoid it happening to us? My first guess was the old ... leaned too far to one side?

Either way, take the time off and get better and you'll be back at it again next year! Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery!

Nick

Owwww, sorry to hear that, Chris. That's why I started paying someone else to go up my ladder - I'm too old and too fat for the tall stuff. Catch one of the guys for a ride along when you've healed some.

Chris, Sorry about the unfortunate incident.. I hope you heal fast but in the next couple weeks or so give me shout and I will put you in the driver seat of the boat so we can still do some sort of fishing..... Woody...

I don't know you personally, but appreciated your reports out of Irondequoit bay. I learned a lot from them. Hopefully you heal quickly and get back out there soon. Looking on the bright side, even if you don't, you got a good taste of it this year instead of missing it completely.

Sorry to hear Chris. Don't give up on the season. Get some guys to go out and do the work. Sit back in the captains chair and watch them catch fish.

Like Brian says don't give up and get out there with friends

Get well soon

Sorry to hear Chris. Don't give up on the season. Get some guys to go out and do the work. Sit back in the captains chair and watch them catch fish.

Like Brian says don't give up and get out there with friends

Get well soon

Been in your shoes and it isn't fun. I am so glad that the guys post results of their trips and the tweet section. They kept me sane (sorta ) while i was tied up. You still can steer and give advice.. The sitting around is the hardest, Hope you mend quick Dave.

most have had those heart stoppin moments when the ladder slides ,overreach,,,,,just one more inch...........ahhhhhhh whew,i recently had aladder twist while savin a buck trimmin my tree over the boat...maybe the 700.00 quoted ant so bad(big tree)...

Well ya should be healed for hunting,,,yer welcome to jump on my boat anytime ive got 4 800 ft coppers...........ok not! hang in their kiddo opps too late....hows those ribbs feelin now :lol:

Get well soon ...........

Oh by the way I hope you don't have allergies. Those sudden quick sneezes are brutal. Lucky I am big , My job was to give the other guys something soft to fall on :lol: Read the reports and get well soon

Chris -

Sorry to hear of your accident: "life is what happens while you're busy planning." As the other guys have said, you're a frequent and valuable contributor to this board, and we'll miss your reports. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

pat

Hey guys,

You are all so very, very kind. Reading all of your well wishes brings tears to my eyes. I will still be reading all of your reports b/c it makes it feel like I'm still out there!

As far as the ladder goes - I was on the second to the top step - leaning sideways with electric hedge trimmers in my hand. The ladder went out from under, and I landed on my side on the ladder (broke the three ribs). I must have broken my fall with my left hand, b/c it looked like a Dreamweaver paddle. Broken radius, ulna, scaphoid, and some ligament damage. i thank the good Lord that it wasn't my neck

Once again guys/gals - thank you all so much for all the kind words - you are all very special,

- Chris (BTW I've got to get used to this one hand typing thing...lol)