Outta Long Point 8-2-11

Hi Folks...

I'm headed to Long Point shortly... :yes:

This will be the first time trolling with my new wire /reel set ups alone.

I should be on the lake before noon... hopefully til dark...

I'm a little nervous, trying to do it alone.. (well, I will have one dog w me...:)

...so if you see a boat wandering... and someone fighting a birdsnest... :o

just stay Hi... ---or steer clear,,, LOL!

ps... yes, I do have my marine radio .... :yes:

see ya

Carolyn

DSC04248.jpg

Kidders Landing, west side a couple miles south of Sheldrake.

Two places, O'Malley's and Kidders which are next to each other. We ate there Sunday. Good stop. :yes:

PS: 11AM, forgot to mention that you'll be able to bring your dog to lunch also. We brought our dog up to O'Malley's and sat on the deck with her. There was another table that had 3 dogs also.

Put in at Long Point about 2PM

North wind about 10mph.

Trolled west side, south from Long Point past Sheldrake, at 40' and 55' feet in 120-150 fow,using dipseys, no hits.

Checked lines, small amt of weeds,

Continue trolling south at 65' and 80' in 150- 200 fow.

Got a short at 65' on blue and green Spin Dr w greenish flasher fly.

Continued south past Kidders got nice (Salmon) 22" at 80' in 200 fow, on a purple Spin D w dark/light flasher fly.

Took a break to East side to swim w dog.

Weeds looked the same on east side.

Spotty large clumps.

Fleas, not bad.

Stopped at Kidders for dinner w dog, (Thanks for that suggestion!)

Trolled north on west side.

Had to use big motor, problem with clamps to small motor plus wind kinda strong for 15 hp short shaft..

Big HIT north of Sheldrake in 200 fow at 80' on purple Spin Dr/ Flasher fly again.

What a time I had of it!!!!

...trying keeping boat straight into wind, speed of big motor (faster than I want) while cranking in a 10lb, 32" Laker with (15"?) Lamphrey.

That was a great catch! hard to do all that alone... Big Time~!

Sorry the pics aren't too good...

I had to take my own pic's...during the whole mix...

---All while thinking of getting the fish back into water...---

so... photo shoot was short! and I had that darn Lamphrey wiggling around my bare feet...LOL!!

I wish I took a close up of that nasty Lamphrys mouth!!

You can see the wounds on that poor Laker..

All were revived and released.. except the Lamphrey.

Heres the dumb part... I didn't know for sure if my second fish was a Salmon..

and I didn't want him to die, while I fiddled around looking it up...

So I sent him back... now looking it up... I see it was and it was a keeper...Darn...

Oh Well... better to be safe than sorry...

I am whooped today, fished til dark.. wind settled right down and sunset was awesome...

(then 2 hr ride home :no::no: )

ps.. i need to have that Lanyard attached to me when I'm fooling around underway by the motor all alone in the evening, if I go in the drink... my boat is bye bye... and I'll be swiming

first:

080211154439.jpg

second:

080211160250.jpg

third:

080211195813.jpg

DSC04325.jpg

080211200250.jpg

080211201600.jpg

SekaBlue... ready for shore!!

DSC04332.jpg

So... am I correct?? 2 salmon and one laker? (I am new at these kind of fish)

Great job by youself and you did pretty good with your pics too. Mostly AWSOME FISH!!! One of these days I'm gonna put a cam mount on my boat. The one I put in my race car for incar footage was like 8 bucks on the net. Should have bought 2. Just keep puting it off

Nice job :clap: It took us 2 years to get our first 10 lber. Did you get all 3 fish on your new wire rigs? I love when people say lakers don't fight. I've had a few days when my arms hurt from reeling in those lakers that don't fight. Keep up the good work!

Yes your right,... those Lakers DO fight, especially in the spring,...but the real truth about your hurtin' arms is that bodacious copper rig you keep bragging about :o:*

:rofl::rofl:

You did real good Carolyn. You'll be making a lot of us jealous real soon with the progress your making.

No need to get jealous! LOL ;)

I've been catching big fish in the Atlantic... for years...

The cam on the boat sounds cool... 8)

what is involved in getting auto pilot and can u get it on an outboard??

ok... so who eats lamphrey?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah... Lil Troller had me reeling in copper....

He is the one to Thank for getting me started! :yes::yes:

Thanks Dude!

1dog thats a nice Laker and an awesome play by play.. That trolling solo is a huge challenge... I personally think if you can boat a slob like that driving the boat, reeling, netting by your lonesome then your ready for anything....... Woody.

all it take for auto pilot is about 1200 dollars and a few hours. yes you can get it for outboards.

that being said its worth the time and money, even when fishing with other. most of my friend

cant drive a boat in a straight line.

Great job.....I know all about trying to reel in fish alone into the wind.....last time I did that my gps looked like I was trying to paint a pretzel when I got done. As far as the fish ID I couldnt even tell the difference between a LL and a rainbow a month ago when my daughter caught a 9lbder so I wont embarass myself again by making a guess. Great report...thanks for the info.

I'm curious to how you came up with your screen name. Is one of your dogs shy or are you shy of 1 dog? Lol. Anyway, nice report and you are starting to learn well! :)

the second one is correct...

I had to send a much BELOVED 6 yr old (very fit) dog to Heaven....due to a spinal injury.... ;(

He went from healthy and fit... to semi paralized, in severe pain.... in ten days... :no:

surgery wasn't an option.... ;(

Me and my lil Papillon were in shock...

Hence... 1dogshy

Me and Sassafrass 'Sassy', (male Boxer, Pit, Sharpei mix)

me_and_sas_at_table_nj.jpg

A few months later I got the Weimaraner pup (on L) ... to keep us busy

a_blue_the_great_wall.jpg

Great job on a solo trip. I love watching those guys (gals) do donuts trying to net a fish :lol: Then I remember I do that too. :$ Great laker and 2 salmon. I'd like to take my dog fishing but I'd need a bigger boat. 9 mo old english mastiff pup.