Cayuga for the first time

I'm headed to Cayuga for the weekend to do some camping with friends at the North end. We're bringing the boat and hoping to get in on some of the trout and salmon action. We will be launching at the state park where we are camping. Is there decent fishing on the North end or should we be running down South? Seems like all the posts on here have been coming from mid-lake and South. We normally fish Lake O, and from the sounds of it, we can just carry over our program and it will work out there on Cayuga.....unless anyone has any tips for changes we should make (i.e., speed, lead length, etc.). Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

When I was at the state park in June that launch was surrounded by thick weeds. I would think at this point of the summer, trailering to Deans..15 minutes down 89 would be worth the ride.

yes, just motor south towards the power plant and set up out deep...the floating weeds weren't bad either last Sunday

Good luck, mix in pink with green colors too guy ;)

This time of year....best fishing is south of Dean's Cove...Last time there I went straight across to about a mile north of Long Point and set up running south....Best action was in 150 to 180 FOW...Anything green/black was good..............also green A-TOM-MIK behind a # 0 Dodson attractor worked well...Put your radio on scan and you will find the guys fishing..My neighbor fished late afternoon Sunday and landed a nice Brown ( about 10 lb. and a Laker about 8 ) right in front of the creek off T Point in 150 Fow.....Both came on green/ black stinger behind a chrome attractor 8)