We left the dock around 3:45 and dropped in around 80’ in front of the ladders. Some bait and some hooks, but nothing that I wanted to stay and fish for the next few hours. Off to the 27N line we went. We dropped in and set lines. Thinking it was going to be a blood bath we settled for a slow pick. First fish, a small steelhead, took a meat rig on a 300 copper. Then we had a Brown Trout hit our 70’ rigger pulling a Dreamweaver Green Dolphin. The rest of the night would be made up of small Kings taking a variety of things set in different positions.

Later in the evening with about 30 minutes left to fish we made the run back into the inside waters to see if some more fish moved in on that bait. The bait balls were ridiculous, and the night sky creeped in on us the big hooks started to appear around the bait balls, but by that time it was almost pitch black and we had to get the charter back to the dock for their drive home. It seemed like when the hooks appeared the bait disappeared, or maybe we found out where the fish were hanging outside of the bait waiting to ambush them throughout the night.

We never got that “big†bite, but the kids on board had more than they could handle with the size of the fish we were getting. Having kids on the boat is a lot of fun. They seem to ask you the best questions, and no matter what size the fish is the excitement they get when they boat a fish is off the meter!

The Bait was crazy in there this morning Rick, but we couldn't get a rod to move on the inside. We did see some good marks, but they didn't go for it. We did good out as far as the 27 line and a little east, and I was soaking wet when we were done. It's always fun having kids onboard to experience something totally new, and to see the smiles on their faces when they usually catch the biggest fish of their life. :yes:

Nobody I know fishes for salmonids after dark in Ontario.... I read an article in some mag sometime in the last year or so about how the fishing was at night for them. Do you know anything about or have experience on this subject?

We've tried it a little bit with not much success. The screen you'll fish over will drive u crazy.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Took my little bro out on sunday, not many had 3 hits on at 630pm, next one at 915 just as the sun was going down lost it, and one more prob just before 10 sun was down and we were going to head in, after we landed it weighed 25 on my scale so give or take, didnt have enough wieght for the tourney but he was happy 3rd fish for him over 20lb in 3 trips hes been out there this year. amaing watching the fish come out after sunset. Was the first king of about 20 this year with a clipped fin.

0035.jpg