forcast for inshore salmon

question for you regulars. Forecast the beginning of spawning run with fish staging outside Salmon River. Like to plan a trip.

Huskyjerk/STARFISH

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a couple small groups of fish in the river already. If this hurricane upwells the lake, they will be knocking on the door hard core. I would not be suprised if the Salmon gets a push of fish Sunday / Monday. Nothing major but a good push.

:rofl: "HOT DOGS" booked Brennen Beach campsite Sept 7,8,9,10. We like fishing the estuary off our 20ft Bayliner using egg sacs while anchored along wall by homes opposite ramp. Which brings me to this question: Whats up with that ramp by the light house? First of all last year we paid to use it but it was a chore to find someone to pay. Others told us you don't need to pay and we watched guys launch without seeing them go to the so-called "owner" who we paid. And the ramp really sucks! But it's nice and close to where we anchor up.

i'm wondering why alewife imitations, such as streamers or huskyjerks, rigged like you do when sac drifting wouldn't work better than eggs since the salmonoids have just come from the Lake where they've been sucking up the wives all year. What you all think?

Spoke to a guy yesturday in pulaski, He fished douglaston, Hooked 5, Went o for 5, Seen two hanging outside the baitshop by the bridge in town, Won't be long now. We fished off the plant all weekend, Seen alot of pods on the sonar, Threw everything we had at them, No takers.

:rofl: "HOT DOGS" booked Brennen Beach campsite Sept 7,8,9,10. We like fishing the estuary off our 20ft Bayliner using egg sacs while anchored along wall by homes opposite ramp. Which brings me to this question: Whats up with that ramp by the light house? First of all last year we paid to use it but it was a chore to find someone to pay. Others told us you don't need to pay and we watched guys launch without seeing them go to the so-called "owner" who we paid. And the ramp really sucks! But it's nice and close to where we anchor up.

We are booked for the 11th to the 17th at Brennan Beach. Since they often release water from the dam around Labor Day weekend triggering the Salmon to run to the river. I was advised that the week after Labor Day is the most reliable time to consider. Apparently a flood ruined everything in the lake around this time last year but the river was loaded.

Are you aware of the launch at Selkirk State Park. It's a nice launch in the estuary. That lighthouse launch is a broken trailer waiting to happen.

We launch there all the time.

The short 5 mph ride, gives us a chance to start getting rods ready, and not for nothing, gives the engine a warm-up period.

We are at our camper at Brennans from the 3rd-12th, in the "woods".

That lighthouse launch is a broken trailer waiting to happen.

Yea I was there last week and it does suck! Also its soo steep that my 18' boat took in water the first time I was pulling it out. Now I know to go rediculusly slow when unloading, and go in deeper and float the boat up as I am very slowly pulling out my buddy is winching. If not the water pours into my motor well and into the boat!

First of all last year we paid to use it but it was a chore to find someone to pay. Others told us you don't need to pay and we watched guys launch without seeing them go to the so-called "owner" who we paid. And the ramp really sucks! But it's nice and close to where we anchor up.

Im not sure what the deal is, we went there early in the AM and there was a sign on the door with envelopes, it said to leave the money in envelope and write your plate # on it and drop it in the door. That being said, when we came off the water a guy asked us if we paid his morning and we told him that we did. So we spoke for a little while and he explained that from the storms last year he lost his docks and the store was damaged. He couldnt afford to repair both so he opted to fix the docks and close shop. He now has a hot dog cart right by the boat launch. The guy in the hot dog stand is the owner. Dont know if that helps you but the dogs werent bad :lol:

i'm wondering why alewife imitations, such as streamers or huskyjerks, rigged like you do when sac drifting wouldn't work better than eggs since the salmonoids have just come from the Lake where they've been sucking up the wives all year. What you all think?

These fish are packing the pounds out there now, because when they come inland they aren't there to eat. You could try out off the piers and most likely have luck. But you never know, make sure you take the trebles off if you go inland!

As far as the launch is concerned, how big is your boat? the lighthouse marina launch is adaquate as long as your boat is 21 ft or under, I've been launching there for yrs with a 21 ft Trophy with no problems...4 wheel drive help also.

Good luck

Bad Influence

We launch there all the time.

The short 5 mph ride, gives us a chance to start getting rods ready, and not for nothing, gives the engine a warm-up period.

We are at our camper at Brennans from the 3rd-12th, in the "woods".

sounds good! We'll give Selkirk ramp a shot.

Check us out at Brennan site V1, Sept 6 THRU 10

As far as the launch is concerned, how big is your boat? the lighthouse marina launch is adaquate as long as your boat is 21 ft or under, I've been launching there for yrs with a 21 ft Trophy with no problems...4 wheel drive help also.

Good luck

Bad Influence

My boat is a 20ft Bayliner Trophy and it was "interesting" to say the least, trying to figure the most clever way to disembark in a stiff cross wind. Far as traction goes I wouldn't even think about it without 4wd.