Total Boated:10

Species Breakdown:9 browns and skippy

Hot Lure: spoons

Trolling Speed: 2.1-2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 85-140

Lure Depth: 60-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS Slow steady pick. Not much bait marked and not a lot of fish on the graph but we picked away with riggers and sliders and dipsies. Interestingly we caught a double on a single rod, one off rigger and one on slidder. Also had a fish hit two of our spoons on two different rods and when netted had both spoons in it's mouth. Go figure.

====================

bt_006.jpg

bt_002.jpg

I caught a 4 or 5 pound skippie last month that had the cheater spoon from 1 rod in its mouth and the cheater spoon from the other rigger in its tail. It had leader wrapped all around it. Looked like it had put itself to an old fashioned medieval rack. Single rod doubles are interesting. We did 2 in one morning last month.

I was fishing alone for browns with 2 cheated riggers 3 years ago. I did a quad at the same time on the 2 rods. I put the lightest rod in a holder and brought in the heaviest first. Got the second rod near the boat and the main lure fish dropped but, I watched a 5th fish run up and smack the lure. Does that count as a 1-man five'er?

Fighting 2 fish together seems tricky but, they actually fight themselves just as much as they fight you. It is a very confusing bout of jerky pulses. Do it a few times and you can tell you have 2 on at once.

Years ago had a steelhead break the line just behind the boat. A few seconds later another rigger pops and we bring in that same steelhead with lure and leader in it's mouth. I'll be out friday off I-bay. Bill