==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

Hi everyone....I'm going out from I-Bay tomorrow morning. I'm taking my daughter's father-in-law out with me in hopes of running into some fish...I just noticed that on the weather page there is upwelling in front of the Genny....Any suggestions on the depth to start the morning troll?

Thanks.....POPS

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I would expect it after two days of Northeast... Water temp of Rochester being reported tonight is 48, so that is one mile out and 30' down. The inside water will be ice cold near or at the surface, need to get out to where the surface is at least back into the mid 60's and mid 50's are at least 30' down, then start a north troll from that point... will probably be starting in at least 150fow maybe as deep as 250 just depends upon how big of an upwelling occured. Good luck!

The intake temp at work right now is 46 degrees. That is around 50' down off of Rochester. It was 65 degrees as of 4pm. Last night it was 49 degrees. I would say thermalcline is down around 40'. If it stays east, head offshore until temps get better and start there and continue North.

I knew I'd get some slack for that one :lol: Just havin fun! Those fish came from 210-230, down 45, 55 and 60. Can't get out for a few days, go get em! Tank

I took my mom and Daughter out for a little troll this afternoon and sucked...started around 130 fow and headed north. Didnt mark much at all till i got around 300 then i was marking bait right on the top, srface temp was 68. Had riggers at 50-75 down and wire mags out from 160-200. Trolled back in and around 100 fow when i was pulling gear in i had a king on that didnt release the rigger...Hopefully i will do better in the morning

Doug

Thanks to all the nice reports and help from the posters on this site....Just to let you know that on Friday morning I put in at the Genny and motored out to 175 FOW....Set up two riggers at 55 and 65 with a spook on one and 42 spoon on th other...Picked up a quick skipper before I could even get the second rigger down....After resetting I sent the divers out, one at 145 with glow frog NK and the other at 180 with a blue/green spinnie and mirage fly....about 10 minutes later the spinnie diver starts pumping and my daughter's father-in-law Rick brings in a 10-12 pound King. Not a biggie, but for him it was gigantic...It made our day....We worked the 220 FOW where we had some bait and some marks...Then we had a screamer on the same dipsey with the spinnie and Rick is doing everything right until the leader breaks...Lost the spinnie and fly, but not the diver....Reset that diver with a similar spinnie and also reset the other diver with a purple spinnie....About a half hour later the purple spinnie is screaming....I give Rick the rod and he is amazed at the power of this fish....Well, while he is fighting this fish one of the rigger fires and I grab that and then the other rigger fires...We just let that go....lost the big boy again, but did get the two smaller Kings, 2-3 pounders in...We were having a great day....Reset and headed for shor when another rigger fires and this time it's a nice steelie....Rick got him to the boat and lost it....5 Seconds later the other rigger fires and Rick has another steelie jumping in the air and putting on a show...Did get that one in..about 5-6 pounds....A perfetcday...thanks again for all your help....POPS