Shipwreck searching off south shore Lake Ontario-Help needed

Name: Jim

Home Port: Rochester, NY

Boat Name/Type:

I fish for: Shipwrecks

==================

I am part of a small team of shipwreck, fishermen, and sailing enthusiasts. Over the past 8 years we have discovered a number of significant shipwrecks off of the southern shore of Lake Ontario. See our website: http://www.shipwreckworld.com for articles and images of these shipwrecks. Earlier this year we launched WRECK FINDER on our website to provide both divers and fisherman the locations of shipwrecks in Lake Ontario. Knowing the location of a shipwreck can be helpful to avoid getting gear snagged in that area or it can provide a location where there will be fish to be found. As we locate or learn of more shipwreck locations in Lake Ontario we will continue to post this information on the WRECK FINDER portion of the Shipwreckworld website.

I would like to ask the community of fisherman, boaters, and sailing folks to contact me should you happen to go over any curious protrusion off the bottom of the lake or encounter any hangs. Many protrusions will probably be bait fish but there is always the possibility that one just might be a lost shipwreck. We have the general locations of over 200 shipwrecks that are still believed to be in the lake spanning a period of nearly 200 years. Some shipwrecks were lost without any known location. A short description of what you saw (depth, etc) and your guess at the location, or even better the GPS co-ords would be appreciated. I will update the WRECK FINDER on Shipwreckworld as new information comes forward. Hopefully, this will be a good aid to all that need to know where gear could get hung up in the lake.

Please contact me directly at: [email protected]