You are consistent Nick :D You are starting a new trend...bite and release :P

I can blame that one on the wife... She had the drag set so tight I thought the rod was going to break!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Back is killin me today and lake is a bit rough so didnt go out... Friends out there say its a desert.. Few kings down 60 over 200fow. May go out tom if my back feels better. Having a BBQ at Arneys today, feel free to stop by and grab a hot dog!

Went to setup and my ezbar broke... Again. Ill need to pull the boat to replace it... Will have to use the main motor until then. Water is COLD. 42 deg down40ft over 60fow.

Here's the ezsteer part that broke.. 2nd time in 2 years, I wish it was a bit beefier. Ill have to see if my friend can make something a little more solid because its a royal pain to have to pull the boat to replace it.

2011-08-07_09-58-32_899.jpg

Nick, Sunday evening seemed to pick up a little. Only running 2 rods because if the wife's inexperience. We ran out to 240 and setup. I'm sure ya noticed the storm as soon as we headed out. Got north of the storm and headed out. At about 280 we took a shot on the 300 wire that ended up being a 9lb coho. Went to 400 dry and turned back. Hit a skipper on the 70 nbk and then a super nice Atlantic on the wire. At about 300 we did a real nice mid to upper 20s major on that 70 nbk. I saw him streaking on the screen with us so I moved the rigger up and down til he took. Gotta love lowrance hd sonar. Kel was amazed at how fast those majors take line and even more amazed when it hit the deck. Kept the silver and the king. All others released.

Half Wired,

Stu

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png