my first time out of sandy

Hello All,

i haven't been able to fish for more than two weeks (i'm dying over here!)

fortunately, it looks like i can get out this evening for a 6-9pm troll.

i'm gonna fish out of sandy creek for the first time.

any recommendations in terms of heading east or west?

sounds like some have been doing well in 40-60 fow whereas others are fishing much deeper. I guess there's no consistent pattern right now so i'll experiment around.

any info (esp. regarding heading east or west) is greatly appreciated.

best,

andre

I haven't been out in a week or so but it appears that some are being succesful in 35-50 FOW for browns. Use long leads and run 30-40 feet down.

I almost always head west towards the park and we usually do fairly well.

Finding a good temperature out there will probably be the only problem. Wish I could get out there tonight... :(

That all changed today. The temp started out down 30 and by 9am it was down 62' the lake is changing like crazy. There was some fish and bait off the creek in 150. We also marked some fish in 70' down 55 - 60. Good luck.

When the lake gets a little busy like this it usually means a upwelling or flipping is trying to occure i think , seems like this happend to me about this time of year 2 years ago on a weekend 1 day dead the next it was almost normal real early, and after 3 in the afternoon it picked back up. so when its this hot bring some tanning loation extra drinks and run out 5/6 miles setup a good steelhead spread and relax youll hit some dime size pods out there .....

We were inside fishing browns and all the sudden the bait and fish were gone and the temp. started rising. It was really interesting. The wind was about 5 mph out of the West. Hopefully it will bring the kings back from the boarder.

dremarquis, don't venture out farther than 150' nothing out there today.

Stay in close and shoot for the browns and maybe a king mixed in. Found that out today when I went inn search of kings out further.

Big Fat SKUNK First time this year :x ;( 1 knock off inside 85 ft. Passed a few dead skunks on the way out didn't think the smell would stay in the boat though, or it was that %** banana Jax set on the back of my boat before launching :x :devil:

Brian the kid was almost crying :lol::lol: . I told him no way only if 1 stumbles onto us :shock: :x

Would have gone for the browns but I think that was earlier.

Nice to finally meet you in person. do you work Friday morning :?: Jax wants to go to the depths in his boat. Gee wonder what happened to that banana :devil::devil::devil::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have Friday morning off but I can not fish. I'm getting married Saturday and have my rehersal dinner on Friday. I have to do some last minute things for the big day. It was nice meeting you in person also. The brownie bite stopped once the push of warm water came in. You showed the kid how tough fishing can be on Lake Ontario. Hopefully, he will want to go with you again.

gambler congradulations when ya selling the boat. suposed to be really good fishing saturday maybe the little lady would put things off till after dark ,gosh i mis those sleepless nights , poopy diapers ,puke down the back , still get some of that on the boat but i dont wanna mention tom as to not embarass tom ,,if you sent her on the honeymoon alone she could stay twice as long giving you a little more time on the water ,hope all goes well enjoy it while you can still get it.some day youll understand. Hope this helps ,,,Ray K.

Thanks Ray. The misses actually told me at the beginning of this year that I need a new boat! I almost fell out of my chair. I already pushed the wedding back a couple of years so I don't think I will be fishing Saturday.

P.S. Don't forget to ask Tom about storing bananas on his boat!

Gambler,

What's that knot you use? Bloodknot - no, Albright - no, Nail - no, must be a HITCH! :lol:

Congrats! :) You couldn't get her to have the wedding on the Big O?

Have a fun day, and a better Honeymoon. Hurry back thou, I always look forward to your fishing reports. Plus, Fishinman won't know where to find the lakers. :P

Take care.

LTtroller

(Bob)

gambler congradulations when ya selling the boat. And do you Gambler take this woman to be your wife....... I.............FISH ON CORNER ROD GRAB IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!rats another one got away but at least he landed the fish. Laughing

Ray that is funnnnnnny :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :!: I am in tears over here!! That ranked right up there with Skeiner/Fishstix battles from years past ;(

Brian congratulations on the big day. First you like to fish for lakers not your getting married... see your not that smart :shock: :lol::lol::lol: , The kid will go out again for sure, there's no doubt about that. Trust me I got the last laugh on the banana thing :shock: ;):lol::lol::lol: Have a great time at the wedding and honeymoon. I promise to leave all the lake trout out there until you get back, that's my wedding present to you.

P.S Brian where and why is your rehearsal dinner or reception NOT at the Inn on Broadway and Tournedos Steak House at 26 Broadway Rochester NY ... PLUG, PLUG :shock: ;)

Pat,

Thanks for the offer, that probally would have been a little cheeper!

Ray,

You crack me up. I tried to get her to go for something like that but she looked at me like I had 2 head on my shoulders.

Fishinman,

Thanks Tom. I think Jax is losing sleep worring about that banana. My wedding is at St. Theodores Church and the reception is at Deerfield Country Club. Thanks for the wedding present! The past couple of trips, you have left ALL the lakers, browns, cohos, steelhead, and kings for me to catch! :shock: :lol::lol: I will need your address to send you a thank you card!

do you really belive ya need to get a bigger boat line she gave ya ,talk about hook line and sinker ,you took that like a worm in a sunfish bed,have ya noticed any downrigger weights missing ,maybe a little clanging in the workshop after hours ,has she been talking about the ball and chain rig,maybe some splitrings big enuf to to fit in your nose laying around,,,,,,,,,,,,,RUN while you can take the boat north 20 miles and ask for marital asylum , thats a leagle excuse in Canada ,not to mention some good fishing and all the labats you can drink...........HEY WAIT FOR MEEEEE............

This has been a great thread!! I got a good laugh and I really needed that cause I'm suffering through fishing withdraw now that I'm back here at home in Pa.

Congrats to ya Brian! Enjoy your big day, cause it's downhill from there my man :o:o:o .

20 yrs to the same wonderful wife, the best year of my life ,i mean 20 ow ow ow ow ow sorry dear yes ill rub your bunions gotto go ............................................................................................................................

20 yrs

Imagine that :shock: poor women must have done something really bad in a past life :D

127 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG yrs here... OOOPS I MEAN 27 yearsWONDERFUL YEARS!

Brian for a thank you card just bring your lovely bride in for dinner some night and spend some of that wedding money on her not cowbells.