Grilled Salmon

I tried this Recipe at the Firehouse and the guys went crazy over it..

I take the fillets and Marinate in a Dark Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce for a couple days then I Season them with Salt and Pepper. I have the grill on as Hot as I can get it.. I place the Fillets on the Grill skin side down and never flip the Fillet... The actual Skin burns right off the Fillet and depending on the Thickness of the Fillet you will be eating within 10 minutes... I served with Salt Potatoes.. I usually Smoke the Salmon but the boys like it better Grilled.... Good Stuff...... Woody.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, I had seen a few Recipes where you can leave the skin on.... I was concerned on the fish just falling apart thats why I opted for the Recipes with the skin on.... I have found that 48 to 72 hour marinates works the best...... Woody

• 5 weeks later...

You hit the nail on the head. I usually cook my salmon that way, but use the foil to avoid flame up.

I grill it one of 3 ways. No marination needed.

1. Lather on the bbq sauce. Thats it. Tastes excellent.

2. Garlic, Pesto, and Olive oil. Its that tube stuff they sell in the refrigerated veggie section. Excellent.

3. maple syrup and soy. Baste it on, then on the grill.

All excellent.

Mark I have always marinated my Trout and Salmon to take a little of the fish flavor out of it... I am going to try a couple of your suggestions on basteing the Salmon... That sounds tasty...... Have you every loaded any peppers and onions in the foil with the Salmon for some extra goodness......

• 2 years later...

those recipes all sounds good here's one that I like

sauteed chopped garlic in butter sauce enough to cover fillets in a glass baking dish, no skin .

Sprinkle parsley and chives, old bay season to taste.

put the whole thing in the fridge overnight, or until the butter congeals to the fillets.

remove fillets try to keep the butter on them as much as possible , place in fish baskets for the grill so you can turn them on a hot fire. I like to use mesquite chips in a smoking box or foil pouch for a little added steaky kind of flavor.

remaining butter in baking dish can be dropped on to the fillets as it's cooking .

flare ups are okay it just adds to the crisp of the buttery crust on the fillet. just watch that they don't burn.

everyone likes it!... even folks that say they don't like salmon at all

thanks for the other entries I will try them as well!

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app