best underwater camera

: Hi,

I bought a guide gear underwater camera a few years ago,used it for ice fishing. Right now im usingit for lake fishing but it doesnt have much viability.There is a 360 camera but not sure if it would work on my camera.

Would like input on this topic for use on Lake Ontario.

Thanks

john :D

Hi John,

visibility, right? that's a problem with all underwater cameras. The combination of low light and suspended particulates makes it tough; if you're trolling, that only exacerbates the issue. I don't think that a 360 panning camera would help as much in the lake as ice fishing, just because it's harder to position the camera from the boat...the cord twists naturally when the boat moves. I'm thinking that you'd have to reposition the camera constantly.

For the record, I have a Marcum flat panel color unit (vs825c) that I love. The pure black and white version is better under low light conditions.

Good luck!

Gator

I am not sure if any of them work that great. I have an aquavu myself and it is great for ice fishing but not much else. One problem is trying to see the screen in bright daylight conditions. A friend of mine has a Walker Strike vision down rigger. We even had to put the monitor screen in the cuddy to see anything. Could not see the screen up on deck. And even then if the water is dirty you won't see anything.