Species Breakdown:kings

Hot Lure: 11 inch chrome pro troll and 8 inch green dot pro troll

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:2.4

Boat Depth: 150-500

Lure Depth: 65- 85

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

august 6th took the kids out, they wanted to fish for kings, temp around 65 dropping lower the deeper we went out, my almost 9 year old son (as he puts it) landed his 1st king with limited amount of help from dad, 17lbs, my buddies daughter landed a 5lb, which we all agreed she would be up to bat again, rigger fired again and nothing but air, long morning up until then fishing 47 degrees, i then dropped a diver down to 85 in 42 degrees and it screamed my 13 old friends daughter fought for15 to 20 minutes only to have it come off, she says she will be back

august 7th did things alittle different today dropped half the lines into 42 degrees and the other half at 47 degrees by the end they were all at 42 degrees, we landed 27.6, 26.2, 24.10 and 2 skippers, the other 4 came off, all were in 42 degree water (1st year with temp probe, i was under the impression that 47 degrees was the preferred temp that they fed in, is this true, if not what is there prefered feeding temp zone ? )

we didnt have a preferred depth we took shots all over from 160 to 500, they were just spread out

====================

Thanks for the report! Looks like there are some bigger fish out there if you get the spot. I'm a big fan of my depth raider.

I think you're absolutely blind with out a probe of some sort. 45 to 47 seems to work best for me.