Savants Rule the wall again 7/31/07

Ok here are the pics from yesterday off the wall. George was first up to bat, with nice king, this one came on the Savant Watermelon behind a watermelon dipsey, back 250.

100_1280.jpg

Then came a double, with Dave taking the Watermelon rig, and George getting the Froggy Jake rig.

100_1281.jpg

After 20 minutes or so we had both in the box.

100_1288.jpg

Next was dad on the Mickey Finn rig off the rigger. This fish literally inhaled the Jake into it's throat, I have never seen a fish take a lure this deep.

100_1289.jpg

Dave took another off the Watermelon rig.

100_1284.jpg

George took the last fish on the Froggy Jake rig, and then we headed for the barn. The boys were beat up pretty bad, but they were happy.

100_1290.jpg

Here is the crew with rewards for a good day on the water, glad to be back on the boat.

100_1292.jpg

I hope to be back up on Sunday if mother nature plays fair. Good Luck.

Rich

Adam,

Yes that is a can of WD40 you see. I spray every lure that hits th water, not sure it helps, but sure does not hurt as you can see.

The wall is out of Henderson Harbor, this wall is off the Light house at Stony Point. A great piece of structure in the east end, it is getting better each year for fish.

Mike,

How is it going? I have not seen you since last year. I will be up Sunday morning, hoping to get out for a few hours. I did not check the trench, but heard a report of some fish showing up. I might check it out on the way out Sunday.

Good Luck guys.

Rich

The large Savants have changed since they first came out. The early version wasnt very speed tollerant. Good for casting and slow retieving, or good for lake trout at slow speeds.

The new version has a more pronounced "cup" in it. Its also has a small bump in the blanks profile where the treble split ring attaches. this is how you can recognize the difference.

The smaller size is called the Jake 45 and is quite unique in shape and bend. It catches both salmon and browns quite well. (walleyes too.) Just ask Rich D.

The Paint on these spoons is second to none. Very scratch resistant. You may pay a little more but you get what you pay for in this case.

Adam,

I am sorry about not answering your question. I have found that I get good action from the jakes any where from 2.4 to over 3.0 mph. I have not taken it faster than that, but I am sure they would be fine. The Savant size, mag looking spoon, is from 2.5 and up, this spoon is lighter than most mag sizes, so it will get down a little lower. Like Brad said he has changed the blanks a little, so they are more speed tolerant. Let me know if there are any more questions I can answer. Good Luck.

Rich

Rich,

Glad to see you got Dad and friends into some fish. I forgot to tell you to say hi to him for me when we were fishing last weekend. So please tell him I was asking about him.

Adam,

How are things going? Are you going to be up for the Fair Haven Challenge? I should arrive late Thursday night. Pre-fish Friday and head home early Sunday. Maybe catch up with you then if you are there.

Richard

Rich,

Thanks for the info on the savants. They look great, I like those frog and glow patterns. Seems like they do real well for you. Does any place down east carry them, or are they from online sales only?

Richard,

Not sure if I'll be at the challenge, should know pretty soon. I'm still waiting on my boat to be done, hopefully I'll have it back soon. I think I'm going thru withdrawls bad, I even rigged up the river boat to troll with :shock:

Catch ya guys later

Adam,

I am not sure if anyone has any instock out here. I would just order them off the website. I have had great luck with them. Let me know what you think of them if you get any. Good Luck.

Rich