Chautauqua 8/5 then barcelona 8/6

Well I got out of work early on Friday and got the fishing bug so decided to head down to erie and try catching some eyes. Wasn't going to get down there till about 6pm so decided to hit chautauqua for the last few hours then find a motel and hit barcelona in the morning. Trolled the north end till dark and ended up with a zero. So we packed up and headed towards barcelona calling around and finding out that all motels were booked so after a few cocktails at the tiki bar the back of the truck it was. Got up at 4am and headed out was pretty excited as I had never fished erie before and was hoping for a good day but alas we got no fish. Except for the white perch that did a good job of keeping the worm harnesses clean of worms. Planning a redemption trip this weekend back to erie if the weather allows and wonder if anyone else will be down there or had any info they would like to share to maybe help me catch a fish. I run riggers and dipseys all with harnesses I got from happy hooker 1.8 to 2.2 down speed. Tried many different running depths and fished from 60 to 110 fow. Wonder if I should have been deeper? Anyway any tips would be appreciated.

Keep Fishing and be Safe

Jeremy

Barcelona slowed down for us and we found fish along with a lot of other boats east of Dunkirk almost to Silver Creek. 70 to 80+ foot of water worked. We ran 4 dipseys off the stern at #3 and #1 settings, 90 to 190 foot back. Downrigger lines seemed to foul the dipseys so the riggers made good rod holders. The dipseys worked without the rings as then they were on the same program. Leadcores were run off the stern and inline planer boards, 4 to 10 colors, and all the lines were run far back and away from the boat. 80 foot of water seems deep but realize it is only 4 carlengths down with clear water and your boat will spook the fish away from your track. All color worm harnesses worked and you must have your crew checking the worms regularly so they will not be bored and you will not be dragging around bare hooks.

I agree with jim go out of dunkirk head east try the 35/16 line first, then go to the 40/18 line. We ran 40 jets 170 back, and 10 color lead. blue and silver harnesses Were best for us but just about everything worked. We put 41 fish in the boat friday, saturday, and sunday.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Wow thanks alot for the pointers guys I can't tell you how much i appreciate it. I am definately heading down this weekend to give it another go and will head out of dunkirk for sure. What day I go will depend on the weather but I will let you know how I did. Will probably be only a two man trip so I thinking 2 dipseys on 3 setting and two 10 color cores off inlines to try and get away from the boat. It's gonna be hard not to use the riggers after all the fish they have caught me on ontario but I will probably still drop the probe down a few feet to try and keep a steady speed.

Keep Fishing and be Safe