Cayuga 8/6

Got out on Cayuga for the first time on Saturday. Camped at the state park and launched at Dean's Cove at 6am. Ran South about halfway to the point and setup in about 240 FOW. Dipsy on mono back 140' on a 2.5 over 320 FOW with a white/green dot SD/green hammer fly took a 4.5lb LL to start the day. Almost lost it as it went between the rigger cable and the boat because I panicked like a rookie and dropped the net to grab the line and pull it out, but the guy on the rod did that for me and when I went to pick up the net it was all tangled up on the cranks of the rigger rods :o Got it out, netted the fish, took the heat for that the rest of the day Second fish was a long but skinny 5lb. laker on a 42 second DW down 90 over 170 on a rigger. The laker fooled us....I felt a fish as I grabbed the rod, handed it to him and nothing, figured it was some of the weeds that caused us so much trouble all day, so I put the net back...then the fish decided to jump out of the water about 40' back....and the game was on! It fought real good and eventually we netted it. 8) The rest of the day we had a slow pick of small LL's and landed one more small laker to make our total 6 of 8 landed for the day. The first fish was the only dipsy/FF bite we landed. The rest came on spoons off the rigger, a couple on the 42 second, a couple on a pinkish purple and black spoon with a lazer ladderback...not sure what that one is called and had one on a black NK28 with a purple stripe. Went out again 8am-12 on Sunday but never had a release or bite we could say wasn't weeds. Thanks to the Hannah Marie for chatting quickly with us on the radio. I knew we were in the right place when I saw that boat after reading his report from the end of the week. Back to the big lake this weekend!