White Bass

Flanman

OK - I have had an interest in White Bass for some time but never enough to get me to do something about it. I caught several in the lower Niagara this week and one had to be around the 2 lb range. What a blast ..........hard fighting and a nice looking fish when they get bigger. I would like to think that there is enough of them around but no one targets them. They were in the river cause of LO turnover due to NE winds earlier in the week. It is a neat fish and it eats great too ............why don't we ever hear more about them? I understand that there is a lot of them in Lake Erie ..........I imagine that they are in Lake Ontario and maybe the Finger Lakes too??? No one ever says anything about them ........I am very curious .........do we have a sleeper fish here?

I have cough and seen then up around 20ins in Sandy Pond years ago and in Oneida lake. Cough a few on a spoon about 1\2" long. Don't know if there still around, that was a least 50 years ago. There fun to catch, good luck. ;)