2 - 300' Coppers on one otter board? Good or Bad idea

Can I get away with running 2 - 300' copper lines on 1 otter board? Do I need a second keel to pull both coppers? If so, does anyone have the dimensions of the keel. I should be a be able to make a second keep at the shop. Again any help would be appreciated.

The keel is the same as the original keel. The only difference is the weight on the keel. The weigh is 1/2 the size of the oringinal weight. I would not recommend running 2 coppers off of one board unless you run the board WAY off the side of the boat.

Why would you want to? The horizontal separation between the two would not be enough to prevent tangles......and that's without a fish hitting the outside line and it coming into the inside one. Guaranteed cluster!

If anything run a 10 color leadcore on the outside and a 300 copper on the inside. At least then you would have some vertical separation to help prevent the inevitable mess.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Paul,

That's the help I'm looking for. In central PA, not many resources for salmon fishing. Great to have this site as a reference so I don't have to learn the hard way. I have limited time to fish and would rather spend it trolling than untangling gear. I'll run a lead core, 300' copper, dr, dr, dipsy, and another 300' copper. I can swap rods according to whats working.

Matt