Just moved to a home on Braddock Bay. Any pointers on where to fish for salmon or trout? The ship wreck outside the bay has produced some nice smallies and perch but looking for some bigger fish. Not trying to steal your secrets! Just looking for some help. Thanks.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Were pretty limited this year. Just got out of the Navy and moved back here. Haven't bought a new boat yet so were just trolling with bait casters with 12lb test and trolling sinkers. No down riggers. The locals over here told me to fish in 50 fow and just pull spoons. I think were SOL till I get a new rig. Thanks for the help.

Benni,

There is an inline dipsy diver that would get you down a little farther not really sure if they make a chart for them to show how much line you have to let out for your desired depth but someone on the site may be able to help you with that. If your going after salmon though you might want to come up with a bait caster that will hold some bigger line and more of it . ;)

Tom

Well you could try a snap weight system like 2 oz or try running a bottom bouncer or a 3 way rig all with spoons behind. The deeper you go keep increasing the weight.... I think snap weight is your best bet. Just go try it out but I would go a little deeper and try for lakers right near the bottom.

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png

If you just got out of the Navy (and live on Braddocks bay) you probably have some cash saved. Go out and buy 2 dipsy rods with line counters, 2 or 3 dipsy divers, a few flashers and flies and troll a two rod setup with dipsy's. You will need that gear for next year when you get a different boat anyway.

2 rods with wire - $125 each = $250

2 dipsy's with flashers and flies = $35 each rod = $70.

Might as well start buying now///once you get hooked you'll spend about 2 or 3 g's just on tackle and rods!

You could grab a couple hand-crank riggers, to save some dough(I still have/use those on our little boat).

Green plates, green flies, white plates, white flies, a few NBK spoons, and a few J plugs.

That'll get fish in your boat.

That's about all the gear we had when we started.

Worked for us.

Check out the classified section here on LOU...Usually some used equipment bargains....wayne is right...........One big 8)8) King ...Brown or Steelie and you will be hooked....Good luck

My recommendation is to go to this section of web site and ask to join someone for a day of fishing. There are plenty of great guys here that will be more than happy to bring you out for a day. If your not familiar with the terms above " Dipsy Diver" ect ect who ever you team up with for the day will be more than happy to show you the ropes.

Ohhh and by the way THANKS FOR SERVING and welcome home.

"It follows than as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."

Follow this link >>>>>> viewforum.php?f=25

Benni - Welcome home! I am one of many Navy Subvets who work at Ginna and monitor (and contribute to) this site. Per previous responses to your email, there is some great OE (operational experience) and insightful tips from the regular contributors to this site - read them all and incorporate their experience/recommendations into your technique for daily fishing for salmon/trout. This site is a wealth of information relating to the Ontario fishing experience, and the guys share it willingly.