185 bayliner trophy model

fshnwmn

i own a bayliner trophy model AQ125b 270 outdrive. i hehad ew plugs new plug wires new points new dist. cap changed oil in motor and lower gear unit canged seperator and cleaned carb.i even changed props

the boat would run at 24 25 mph now it just started running 9 to 10 mph.

some guys r saying clutch cones any help would be appreciated...

thanks

fshnwmn

What rpm's at 9-10 mph? In smaller boats any weight added in the stearn can bog it to the point it will not get on plain causing low mph at full throttle. Xtra gear or passengers not distributed correctly can cause it.if you have higher rpm's and no mph then it's an internal drive problem , clutches ,prop hub, etc... Hope you get it fixed up !!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

to the first gentleman i thank you for your input as far as te second answer from the guy named ray who calls himself a professional........don't make me laugh............your answer shows what kind of professonal you are....

i thought this site was to help people, not be a smart ______!!!!!!!

but this is not the first time i saw your so called professional name attached to smart remarks..

Dear MS. FSHNWMN,

IT is with sencere professional apoligies I made light of such a serious situation.

I have never mislead or joked in my life but I just let one attempt at being funny slip.

I hope you didnt spend much time or effort at locating the ever elusive "muffler bearing grease"

I have started the process of reforming my life to be a true professional..

I have smacked my nuckles with a ruler 10 times, Wrote 100 times "i will not be a smart ass", and flogged my back with reeds in hopes of finding everyones forgiveness

for my outragious actions..

Sincerely,

Mr.Raymond J Koziatek

PS. How many stores were out of "muffler bearing grease" ?

PSS. EXPERT,not professional,dont say what type of expert. :lol:

I don't know Ray personally, although many on this site do. He's rarely seriously but he's always good-natured. Personally, I'd have suggested checking your halogen fluid but then, I'm a smart-a@@.

I had a similar problem on my 1985 21' trophy a couple of year ago. on my firsdt run out of the season. Turns out that I had a pinhole leak in my drift shaft boot. Water had gotten in there and sat over the winter turning the ujoint bearins and the drive shaft bearing into rust filled bearings. Poor engine was fighting a lot of friction!

It's only one thing to check. But I would also recommend posting over at Baylinerownersclub.net in their technical forums. There are some mechanics there that specialize in bayliners and in particular the volvo powertrain.

Hmm seemslike i read the boat was fixed.....after the first post pretty much covered everything that could be wrong I felt no need to repeate any advise....forgot boats dont need muffler bearing grease ,shoulda mentioned a dirty prop..Ive got 1 gal of propwash left over from cleaning mine.. cheep!