Weekend Weather 8/13-14- Mexico Bay?

The NWS Marine report is pretty lousy for Lake O this weekend at Mexico Bay. How accurate is it. I'm coming from downstate and don't want the 4 hour ride to watch the surf. Thanks and this is a great forum.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Chasin Tails

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I usually cross reference the marine weather forecast with the wind forecast on weather.com... if they match up I usually say that they have a 70% chance of being remotely correct. If the marine says 10-20mph and weather.com says 5-10mph I usually say they have a 25% chance of being correct. For this weekend, I'd say if you have something better to do, do it. I have a 5.5 hr drive to the lake, but don't have anything better to do and enjoy hanging out at the docks with our fishing friends :)

Nick

noaa is saying wind out of the south @ 9 mph 1-2 ftrs for Saturday so if the brown fishing is still at 75-100 feet of water it should be pretty decent. Last weekend we had about the same wind on Saturday and the guys fishing kings in 400-600 feet said it was pretty bumpy. Hoping with the west winds there is some warmer water in the bay :)

Yeah but get put in 350 fow outta mexico and your like 7 miles offshore. That's a long ways for that wind to move with no restrictions. My advice would be to come up and if its too rough out there stay in the bay and play with the browns. After all this big west wind you shouldn't have to go any deeper than 60fow to find them. Hopefully the kings will come in a little closer too. Heard a report of kings entering the estuary. My guess is all that rain fooled a small pod andthey came in and probally turned right around and headed back out.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png