One Last Fish

shadster

A little experiment using a GoPro and my point and shoot on the second day of the Sodus Point Pro Am.

One last fish to fill the box for the Fishin' Magician crew . After five fish were netted fairly early the salmon bite died. Capt Ryan with the vote of his team went inside to fish for brown trout. The plan (after losing a big king on the troll in) was to add another 5 fish to the box and then go back out and try for the bigger salmon. Number 10 was a good brown so the plan changed a bit. As number 11 hit the deck Capt Ryan asked the crew if they wanted to go try for the salmon. It was then that the big brown answered!

b4UuN5vLteo

Was that with the Go Pro Hero HD? Very cool footage, especially combined with the handheld.

Yes, Mortigan it is. The camera was quite new to me at the time. I am still pretty much in experiment mode with it. For one thing the audio sux and it is hard to tell just what you are aiming at without a LCD screen or a viewfinder. The underwater stuff I tried did not turn out. I have it figured out now, but wish it would have worked on a few kings and a nice steelhead coming to the net The camera was looking vertical through the surface instead of horizontal at the fish, lol.

Thanks for watching. I appreciate the comments and the questions.