Canandaigua Lake State Marine Park closing after Labor day

I noticed the sign on the attendant's booth a few weeks ago indicating the closure. Something must have changed from when I read the bid documents. I read the ramp must remain open to the public during construction.

I have mixed feelings about the proposed plan. They are replacing the long wooden docks with 20' floating aluminum docks and adding a dock on the north and south side. The new docks on the north and south sides will make it easier to utilize those parts of the launch and should reduce congestion. I am not thrilled about 20' floating docks though. I find floating docks are more difficult to tie onto when I am coming back in by myself. I would think they will make it more difficult for the larger boats too.

hmm, I walked those docks this morning they are way longer than 20'

Yes they are. The plans call for new concrete adbutments and I think it was a 20' ramp section with handrails and a 20' dock at the end. The new docks will not extend past the sheet piling like they do now. The new docks won't be long enough to stack 2 boats on the loading lanes. It is going to take longer to get out of the water.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Totally Woody, a sweet launch...how are they gonna process all those boats in and out on Holiday weekends?... trailers are parked clear out to the enterance road!!

Every time I launched there I was impressed with the ease of use and all the room. One loading one waiting on the same dock!!

The idea of the floating aluminum docks is to remove them at some point in the fall and install at the town's convenience?

Is this a liability issue? Are the wooden docks being abused during the off season?

The town of Woodville removes the docks there like other floating docks at public launches, I believe.

I just used those docks yesterday. I see the equipment all ready to start work. I talked to other boaters and no one seams to understand why the change or justfy the money spent. Aside from a bit of maintance are a solid platform to launch from.

It Seems as if it is a Maintenance issue maybe. Im sure those old wood docks need maintenance, if they switch to 20 foot Aluminum floaters then there is Zero maintanance... We are Definately going backwards...... Woody