Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Finally got out for a full day. Still a little rough until late afternoon.

Temp was warm out to 300. Then we found 56 down 125.

Worked that depth and landed some nice steel. 400 on the wire, 42 spiny and fly. Big steel took a Green dot spiny with hammer fly.

Caught a ton of small kings 2-5 lbs, lost count. Also landed a 28 lb king on a NBK down 135 and a 16 lb king on the same ff the steel took, out 330.

That was it. We fished 5 am to 6 pm. Be back at it next Tuesday.

Spike

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

SpiKe:

Glad to hear you found some.

Yeah it was nice to actually get a full day in. Tough for us as we don't know all the local info such as where to look after a particular blow or what to even expect after a particular blow or just wind change. So that wasn't in our favor as things did change. Also found out after we fished Wed. that even though temps were messed up inside there was a chance to get a stray fish in close had we tried. We fished lakers instead assuming there wouldn't be fish in there. Who knew, lol. We didn't mark any so I feel better about that, lol.

It was tough going. Makes you appreciate the calmer days. Every muscle in my body ached this morning from being tossed around all day yesterday. Not as comfortable as your ride, lol. Hopefully next week is better. Was hoping to leave the boat out there and travel light two ways but some small issues popped up that needed attention before the next trip, so I took it home with me. If you get down there before Saturday give me a shout. We are fishing Tuesday thru Friday heading home Saturday next week.

Spike

Yeah I saw that. We were fishing our lines to shallow. Where do you get the cut bait? I have a few of the heads but didn't see the bait last year. Better question is where do you find a tackle shop open early? Fat Nancy's said 10am to 4pm. Screwy Louie's was gone and Larry's never seems to be open this time of year. Are there any others around. I know of one in the marina, Forget the name, but that guy isn't open half the time either. ???

Long ride to Jon's in Mexico just for bait.

Spike