Thanks SteelieStalker for the charter advice.

I have been on cloud nine for almost a week now since my fishing adventure last saturday night with Billy V and Jay. If you go to his web site you will see the five of us and the fruits of our labor. We hooked 8 Kings but only boated 7. There was a grand total of over 100 pounds of fish and 55 pounds of King Salmon filets. We had an amazing time and I can't say enough about Billy and Jay. We left the dock at 3:00, had all 7 lines droped by 3:20 and had 5 King's boated by 4:20. I though I was dreaming. Billy and Jay attacked the fish that night like nothing I had ever seen. They were serious about there strategy, fun with the younger guys on the boat, and very informative about the equipment they use and and all his electronics. I could not get over how helpful Billy was with us and other fisherman on the water that night. He was constantly sharing what kind of lures he was using, the color combinations that were working, his trolling speed, GPS location and water temp in which he was fishing in. I was thinking to myself, if we were in FLA no one would be sharing that kind of info.

My family and I have been making the trip to Fairhaven Beach State park for over 20 years now and I promise you I will never do it again without going out on the water with Billy. Thank you

I am glad that you had a good time GBrad. Billy V is one of the nicest, most helpfull and one of the best charter captains that I know. I am prety sure I saw you guys when you got back last Saturday night from your trip. Did you get stopped by some DEC guys when you got back in the Bay? If you did, the taller one on the DEC boat was me. Again, I'm glad you had a good time and it's good to hear that you look forward to going again.

Yes, we did get stopped on our return from the trip so that was us indeed. I couldn't help but notice that you guys had a few poles in the boat. Do you guys have any luck out there?

Because our trip was not until the end of our stay at camp we still fished the park as much as possible. We threw all we had but only saw action on rubber worm and only under the bridge. Im sure we would of had more luck with live bait but I just can't bring myself to do it. Id rather catch less with fake bait then more with real bait. Stubborn I guess.

Thanks again for the charter tip.

We were prety busy that day so we didn't get to fish much but we usually do well with largemouth there and earlier in the year we were hitting smallmouth. curly tail jigs with round jig heads or tube jigs usually work good and occassionaly stickbaits will produce. maybe next year you could give them a try.