Hot Lure: Soin Doc/A-Tom-Mik flies

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.4 - 2.8

Boat Depth: 100 to 500

Lure Depth: 40 to 80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My friend Charlie, Polar Bear and I hit Olcott Saturday all day and Sunday morning. Mostly stayed inside up to 200' Saturday and hit dozens of fish including a 22lb king. The next biggest was probably 12 lb. Lots of steelies and big ones at that. Spin Doctors in Carmel Dolphin, Blue Vision Quest, Intimidator, and White and Green were all good with matching A Flies. Shouldn't have stayed out all day long, but when you drive five hours to get there, you might as well get the most out of it.

Sunday morning I met a guy at the dock that said it would be better to go deep early since the outside bite was hot. We took his advice and took off for the 29 line and trolled to the 32 line. Pretty constant bite with quite a few doubles and a triple. Even caught two fish on one rod twice. One on the fly and one on the slider. Biggest was a low 20+ king and some huge steelies. Same setup as yesterday. Got chased off by an incoming storm at noon. Great trip with lots of action and good friends.

I was also out this weekend and did very similar. Kept 5 kings and 3 steelies lures down from 40- 105 Tried late in the day for lakers with no takers. Was great to fish on ontario from my own boat for the first time.

:yes::yes::yes: