Thanks for keeping things a secret....

While prefishing for the MWC tourney on the Niagara Bar for walleyes 2 weeks ago- I hooked in some King Salmon. All right-I will the truth be told-Salmon are AWESOME!!!!

I caught 2 on crawler harnesses and one on a Renosky-WOW !! I also lost 3 other hits that sunk my inline planer boards (one was also ripped off and is somewhere on Lake Ontario). The runs, the power and the thrill are undeniable addicting! These fish were the first salmon that I ever caught-and I will soon be targetting them again.

Now the secret is out-salmon fishing is great!

Walteye

SHhhhhhh, now everybody knows their there.Salmon hello Money goodby,the last 2 years have been record or near record fishing (catching)rates ,and this year is right in there with the last two with the size also getting a little bigger each year so you discovered this HUGE secret on a good year,double check your knots,and your line after every fish even the ones that get away can do some damage before they mysteriously get free. dont tell anyone i told ya this keep your program simple and if it works stick with it ,and if ya discover another hot setup you can share it with us all 1400 of us will keep it a SECRET..Ray K...PS. how does a salmon fight compare with a walley fight.???

Ray, we fish both, 'eyes on Erie and kings on Ontario. The fight of a walleye was best described by one of my adult sons a few years back, when he said "Dad catchin' these walleye is like PICKIN' TOMATOES". I believe the kings have him spoiled!

caught them on nightcrawlers! how big were they?

Are you talking about the crawlers or the salmon?? LOL.

The salmon were 17.5 # and 2- 15 pounders. Awesome runs and jumps.

I fished the day before at Dunkirk, NY for eyes and limited out in the exact depths and lures choices but it was Erie not Ontario. The harnesses were watermelon/copper backs. The 17# was on 10 color lead and the other on 20 jet and 2 oz snap weight (exactly like Erie eyes program, the way I took a third at the MWC Dunkirk tourney 2 years ago). THe bigger salmon on 10 color was forever coming in........

Walteye