Dunkirk Saturday

jer9580

Well made it out saturday to give it another go and did a little better ending up with 3 in the boat and quite a few lost. Would like to thank jimski and fishkiller for the pointers. All the fish we took were east in 70-80 fow right on the bottom in the morning then down 50 later in the day, well at least the few we got. We didn't get any big ones all were 3 lbers but we lost a couple good feeling fish first thing in the morning. I definately havn't completely figured it out but getting better. Screen was pretty good just gotta figure out getting them on the line. Also managed a couple perch and a sheephead. All we ran were worm harnesses.

Thank You guys again for the pointers and not making feel so bad John. I absolutely love this site and all the help everyone is willing to give. I won't be able to make it this weekend but will let you know when I try again and maybe I can buy you guys breakfast in the morning or drink after fishing for your help.

reports out of Dunkirk and Barcelona have been conflicting, some say they are doing well and others say it is really slow.

Best bet is to check with the harbor master in Barcelona, he is a walleye fisherman and will give you true information.

• 2 weeks later...

There will a few boats down there. So, we will have to see how the weather is. Not expecting big things. Wet and windy to start.

You probably seen this, but will elliot buffalo news outdoors columnist, had a great time outta dunkirk

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/other/outdoors/article540082.ece

Heres a smallie primer if you need it (I did)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/other/outdoors/article536869.ece

Thanks for the link Mark. Thinking Friday looks good weather wise maybe I will be able to make it out for a trip then fish chautauqua for some muskies when the wind is blowing on the weekend. Heard from a friend they were doing good west out of barcelona at 115 fow near pa line. But I've heard decent things around brocton shoals area too so not sure where I'll go yet but I'll let you know how I do when I get back on tuesday.

Got out last night 5-9:30 out of pt breeze .Pick up 5# on silver/black harness soon as we got rods set .Nothing else rest of night .Marked tons of bait ..some fish but no takers .Run harnesses and renowski.Fish on wire dipsy 177 on 1 1/2 setting.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png